Author Topic: Goods Wagons for gauge1  (Read 8690 times)

Offline ddmckee54

• We're having fun now --- or so I've been told.
Re: Goods Wagons for gauge1
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 09:23:54 PM »
As long as they don't have to move in any way, the fact that the parts are brittle shouldn't make any difference.  If they are breaking off, something is probably hitting/moving them.

I don't see anything to limit the upwards travel of your axles, other than the cast springs.  It looks like the axle bearing box will hit the bottom of the cast springs if they move far enough.  Any way you could put in a bump stop to limit the axle travel?  That way you'd still have your suspension for the bumps in the track, and you could still use your cast springs for their good looks.

Don

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 10:15:26 PM »
I’m not so happy with the result, they doesn’t fit well with my "all mechanical" frames, but I don’t have no other solution for making these parts

I'm not sure what you mean by 'all mechanical' unless you mean 'working'. I think they look great and would like to learn more about the process you used to make them.

Keep in mind too...at that scale...even if they 'moved', I doubt anyone would think they did.

I give a  :ThumbsUp:
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline Zephyrin

• near Paris, France
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 09:10:17 AM »
"all mechanical" stands for fully machined; therefore the casts parts differ from that...   

I hope that nobody will notice that the actual suspension is hidden behind a fake one !

Many thanks for the appreciations!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal