Author Topic: Cameras - Suggestions?  (Read 5418 times)

Offline gerritv

• St Catharines, ON
Re: Cameras - Suggestions?
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2018, 02:28:13 AM »
Don't confuse activity with progress.
Don't confuse activity with progress

Offline 10KPete

• Nordland, WA, USA
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2018, 06:59:36 AM »
Don't confuse activity with progress.

Yessir!

Pete
Craftsman, Tinkerer, Curious Person.
Retired, finally!
SB 10K lathe, Benchmaster mill. And stuff.

Offline Steam Haulage

• Notts UK
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2018, 08:09:51 AM »
and don't confuse activity with action.

I think that's one of the reasons that things get changed, not necessarily for the better.

Jerry  :old:

Dogs look up to you, cats look down on you, pigs treat you as equal.

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2018, 11:00:21 AM »
Camera, instructions, wife and lateral thinking  ::)

Well my new camera arrived - Nikon B500 and on first appearance very good package indeed. Small booklet with set up instructions in the box which were easy to follow though like Zee most was taken up in how to link it with a 'smart device' - definitely not required for me!

Out to the workshop to take pics of latest ops - macro works fine and happy so far. Turn camera off and place on bench. Camera makes noise as if turning on again. Pick up camera and turn off again. So far so good.

Pick up camera later in day to take final pics. Turn on and get clear message - an exclamation mark in red and the message 'Turn Camera Off and Turn On Again. Do this several times with same result. Sinking feeling in stomach - what have I done wrong?

Come in and read booklet - nothing relevant so download manual on PC. Read carefully through entire manual - still nothing relevant to message but did learn if playback button is pressed when camera is OFF the camera will start in playback mode. Tried this and bingo - pictures previously taken appear. Nothing else accessible though except 'Turn camera off and turn on again'.

Read further - nothing in trouble shooting. Change out batteries for fresh ones. Same result - 'Turn off the bloody camera and turn on again' By this time it's late and conclusion is this is a malfunction - will have to phone hotline tomorrow.

Wife sits there through this making helpful comments like 'Are you sure you've read the instructions carefully - you know what you're like for not doing that etc'. Finally hand her the camera - 'Every time I switch it on it comes up with this message - look'

She takes camera and switches it off then on - same message. Have you tried taking the lens cap off she says. Why would I need to do that?  It says Turn the cam...... She removes lens cap - 'There, says she with really smug look on her face, it's working.

Instructions - don't ya luv em but wives? ah bless em don't ya luv even more :ROFL:

Alls well that ends well - I'll go take some pics.

Tug

"I ain't here for the long time but I am here for a good time"
(a very apt phrase - thanks to a well meaning MEM friend)

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2018, 11:23:14 AM »
 :Lol: Great story Ramon.

Sometimes it just takes another set of eyes to solve a problem.
And at home, that other set of eyes is usually hers.

Whenever she says "Did you try...", I begin fearing a 'duh' moment and prepare to slink away.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • SOFTWARE FOR PEOPLE WHO BUILD THINGS!
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2018, 02:47:39 PM »
1) Why change what wasn't broken or move things just to make it different? I needed the computer's control panel today. It wasn't there. I had to resort to googling to find out that now I have to type in 'control panel' in the search bar to get it. Used to be a right-click and it was listed.

Re 1)...

Once you've opened CP via the search window technique, go to the taskbar and right click on the CP icon there to obtain a menu which has as one of its choices "pin to taskbar".  Click on it and a CP icon will thereafter reside in the taskbar.  Easy-peasy.
Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal