Supporting > Boilers

Cleaning boiler tubes.

(1/8) > >>

Gas_mantle:
I guess this is going to be a daft question but if you don't know then you don't know.

Is there any sort of cleaning agent that I can use to dissolve away the soot deposits in the tubes of my vertical boiler ?

I am currently cleaning them out after every 2nd firing using a flue brush mounted in my hand drill, it works fine but with 51 tubes to do plus the removal of fittings (or removal from base) to get at them means it's a pain in the ar** type of job :-(

My hope was there was something I could use to flush out the deposits then just use the flue brush periodically ?

Cheers  :)

pgp001:
Hang on a minute

who was it not so long ago that was going on and on about how good it is having a proper old smelly noisy dirty coal fired boiler  :LittleDevil:
Looks like you are discovering why most people resort to gas firing  ;D

Phil

Jasonb:
Does the top cover not come off your boiler so you can poke the brush downwards rather than having to do it from the bottom. They are often only held on with a few screws

Gas_mantle:

--- Quote from: pgp001 on January 09, 2018, 01:12:06 PM ---Hang on a minute

who was it not so long ago that was going on and on about how good it is having a proper old smelly noisy dirty coal fired boiler  :LittleDevil:
Looks like you are discovering why most people resort to gas firing  ;D

Phil

--- End quote ---

Aye up, I'm trying to clean it so we can put some of my homemade smelly old coal produced Yorkshire steam through your Croft mill engine  :stir:

Gas firing is for cissies  ;)

Gas_mantle:
Hi Jason,

Yea, I'm taking of the top cover but it involves removing the steam outlet, safety valve, steam blower inlet. It's only a 5 min job to do that but a bit of a nuisance every 2nd firing.

Coming in from the top is easier (or will be when it is base mounted) but has the added problem of some tubes are partly obscured by super heater plumbing, so it's just a general pain of a job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version