Author Topic: Little Blazer X4  (Read 5183 times)

Offline Doc

• USA ND
Little Blazer X4
« on: January 08, 2018, 02:28:45 AM »
I'm building 4 Little Blazer engines I plan on maybe selling a couple to try and raise some money for our local humane society.
Anyway here is a vid f what I have so far.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezfqTq8X7hQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezfqTq8X7hQ</a>
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:56:34 AM by Doc »

Offline Doc

• USA ND
Re: Little Blazer X4
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 01:47:40 AM »
Well all 4 have had their first run need to makes base for each yet but as far as the motors I'll call the motor build done.

Offline Doc

• USA ND
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 09:31:28 PM »
Hmmm guess no one is interested in the little blazer.  :(  oh well I'll finish them up and move on to my next adventure.
  I'm debating between a hogglet or a 9 cylinder radial. Anyway the little blazers are named correctly they do run at a blazing speed!

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 10:35:13 PM »
Doc, I have been watching along, but being  honest, I would much rather see pictures of the progress rather than the videos, some of which are quite long and I simply don't have time to watch them through. This may be great for newer folks so I am only saying it isn't my preference. I would like to see a short video of one of the little buggers running though 😊. Just my 2 cents and no criticism intended, but it could be why the responses to the thread are less than you had hoped. Nice job on them even so!!

Bill

Offline Doc

• USA ND
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 12:21:31 AM »
Thanks Bill
  I don't take very good pictures I find it easier to set up the video camera nothing says you need t watch the whole video you can jump around easily in them and watch parts of them. The video of them running are on my youtube channel.
    Not sure I will post another build here or not seems like it's just not like it use to be.
If I do post another build it will just be progress reports.

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 11:50:50 AM »
I will agree with Bill as I have been looking here on every update hoping to see some pictures with some text.

I do like videos too if they are between a few seconds and a few minutes ....

Offline Perry

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 12:58:22 PM »
Hi Doc, I can not even see mentioned videos but I can see 2 photos in your post #4. Are those flame lickers( vacuum motors)? I certainly would like to see more photos if possible.
Regards Perry

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 02:49:34 PM »
Perry, it could be the browser you are using. The videos show for me in Firefox and I think Chrome, but not in IE. Try viewing the thread with a different browser and see it that helps.

Bill

Offline ShopShoe

• Central Iowa, Central USA
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 12:50:18 PM »
Doc,

You said, "Not sure I will post another build here or not seems like it's just not like it use to be.
If I do post another build it will just be progress reports."

I DO hope you keep posting, Doc. I have learned a lot from your methods and I respect your approaches to the projects you are posting. Whatever approach you use is your choice. Videos are fine.

Thank You for sharing your knowledge.

ShopShoe

Offline MJM460

• Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2018, 10:09:12 AM »
Hi Doc,

I am another, in awe of the engines you build, who hopes you will keep posting.

Like Bill, I do find it difficult to make time necessary to view long videos, but I find an even more fundamental problem - I find it nearly impossible to learn anything from a video, short term memory and all that, it has always been so, or I would be more worried, so I have given up.  Even those instruction videos from the pros just do nothing for me.  I have long ago given up even loading them up.

I would much prefer updates with photos that stay still until I grasp what I am looking at, plus a few words to get me started on what I should be looking for.  I am so much hoping to learn more from the techniques you use to build those amazing models.

Don't worry about the photo quality, I know some produce amazing pictures, but I have not seen anyone criticising anyone's photographic effort.  We are not looking for gallery quality, just to understand how you did that setup.  And to share with you the triumphs and the disappointments.

Thanks for your efforts, please keep trying.  The attachment facility for small file sizes works really well and is very easy.

MJM460
The more I learn, the more I find that I still have to learn!

Offline Sleddog

• South East South Dakota, USA
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2018, 01:13:35 PM »
Doc, I'm another one that enjoys your builds. I hope you don't quit posting them.
Like others have said, finding time to watch long videos is difficult. A video along with a couple pictures & text describing what's going on helps.
Looking forward to more of your builds. (Hoglet)

Please take all of the comments as positive.

BTW, congratulations on your upcoming retirement.

Offline picks27t

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2018, 01:40:24 PM »
Doc I to have enjoyed your video very much and look forward to seeing many more I think I have seen all of them Keep Them Coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 09:49:38 PM »
Congratulations on four nice runners  :praise2:  and thank you for the time tip  :ThumbsUp:

Offline Perry

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 10:05:32 PM »
Nice little runners  :cheers:

Offline 90LX_Notch

• North Eastern Pennsylvania USA
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2018, 10:41:41 PM »
Doc-

I normally keep JavaScript off.  This disables the embedded YouTube player.  That puts me in the pictures and text camp.  I have always enjoyed your builds and hope that you keep posting.

-Bob
Proud Member of MEM

My Engine Videos on YouTube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Notch90usa/videos

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal