Author Topic: Just joined - more to come  (Read 4280 times)

Offline BeaverBoy

Re: Just joined - more to come
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 10:58:46 PM »
Have I opened a can of worms here with all this talk of Beavers and P&W Wasp Juniors?
Are we going off topic from what was simply an ‘introduce yourself ‘ couple of sentences? No offence intended - I’ll talk about the Beaver all day 😁.
How on earth did I find time to go to work?

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 11:59:28 PM »
BB,
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have a lot of valuable job experience that would directly apply to building any sort of engine you desired. I just thought I'd throw out the fact that there are are other engines out there other than 7, 9, 14, &18 cylinder radial engines. I will even throw out a plug for my own engine found in this build article. You can go to the end and see the happy ending.
http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,3653.0.html
I have to admit to not having this engine quite finished, working on a new muffler and a nice chunk of walnut (otherwise known as the brown stuff) for a more permanent base
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline BeaverBoy

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018, 03:55:08 PM »
I have just put some pics up of the engine on a new post under the 'restorations' heading (look for 'whatizit?') - I'd be interested to hear from anyone about this engine.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 03:58:50 PM by BeaverBoy »
How on earth did I find time to go to work?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal