Author Topic: Cabin Fever next month  (Read 22011 times)

Offline jschoenly

Re: Cabin Fever next month
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 01:31:03 PM »
Thanks for posting guys!  Don't forget or if you haven't seen in other areas - This years feature is the line of Stuart Engines!  Make sure to dust one off for a chance at some Saturday Door Prizes! 

See you all soon! 
Jared
                                 Cabin Fever Expo
--- Model Engineering and Home Shop Hobbies in all Forms! ---

Offline jschoenly

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 01:31:51 PM »
Also - The auctions are shaping up to have some REALLY great items on both Friday and Saturday.  Check out all the listings and pictures here:

www.cabinfeverauctions.com
Jared
                                 Cabin Fever Expo
--- Model Engineering and Home Shop Hobbies in all Forms! ---

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 02:06:32 PM »
Thanks for posting guys!  Don't forget or if you haven't seen in other areas - This years feature is the line of Stuart Engines!  Make sure to dust one off for a chance at some Saturday Door Prizes! 

See you all soon!
Door prize drawing for those showing a stuart??

Offline kvom

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 05:09:18 PM »
I have a well-aged set of castings for the Stuart triple expansion.  Would I be better off consigning to the auction, using the consignment table, or just offering it here?  I will never build it.

Offline RonGinger

• Boothbay Maine USA
    • Pleasant Cove Models
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 08:48:44 PM »
There are two ways to sell at Cabin fever- the auction and the consignment area. In the auction you take your chance, but the item will very likely sell.

In the consignment area you can set a price, but the item may not sell. I have had good  luck every year with the consignment area. I have 4 or 5 items to sell this year, and was looking around the shop today for more. You do pay a commission, I think its 10%.

Id love to have a Stuart tripple, but it would probably stay in my casting storage for a long time, that is a tough engine to build, with a LOT of small parts.

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2018, 12:56:36 AM »
I'm going to try and get there. Much depends on the weather (snow predicted that day) but I also have some work issues to deal with.
Big trial coming up and there's pressure to work weekends. (Which may trigger my retirement a few weeks earlier than planned  ;D )

Chris's chocolate mint cookies is the draw for me. Chris...you'd better save some for me.

I hope I make it. I need a boost in my motivation. The last 6 months have been full of frustration. Two new machines in my shop...and still, neither used.
No need to say I suck...it's a sign now just above my computer.  :facepalm2:

I will be bringing nothing. I should be enough.  ;D

While I'm here...I hope all is well with everyone and best wishes for a great year.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 01:18:05 AM »
Same to you Zee, you are missed!!

Bill

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 02:30:31 AM »
I'm going to try and get there. Much depends on the weather (snow predicted that day) but I also have some work issues to deal with.
Big trial coming up and there's pressure to work weekends. (Which may trigger my retirement a few weeks earlier than planned  ;D )

Chris's chocolate mint cookies is the draw for me. Chris...you'd better save some for me.

I hope I make it. I need a boost in my motivation. The last 6 months have been full of frustration. Two new machines in my shop...and still, neither used.
No need to say I suck...it's a sign now just above my computer.  :facepalm2:

I will be bringing nothing. I should be enough.  ;D

While I'm here...I hope all is well with everyone and best wishes for a great year.
Hope you make it, looking forward to meeting you in person! Going to be bringing a big bag of cookies, might have one or two left to share with others too...!   ;D

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2018, 06:11:02 PM »
The weather looks OK. The freezing temps we've had for 10 days will be gone. upper 30's to low 40's.
Don't forget, if you need a reserved MEM table space post it here and I'll have you covered.
Best,
Stan

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2018, 07:09:57 PM »
The weather looks OK. The freezing temps we've had for 10 days will be gone. upper 30's to low 40's.
Don't forget, if you need a reserved MEM table space post it here and I'll have you covered.

Excellent - hope that forecast holds! I'll be there with a table-full.

I'm getting my gear sorted out, and lining up some help to get it in the car (cracked a rib the other day, all is well but heavy lifting causes this odd 'ouch' noise!). Same area that I broke years ago while skiing, think this is just the cartilage, but still hurts. Fortunately driving and archery are still do-able, will find out tonight if the target pistol is!

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2018, 07:22:12 PM »
If it hurts to move: should help the target pistol  8). Go on down to one of the big box stores and get yourself one of those rolling platform thingees. They are about 2’x3’ , on wheels, and have a folding handle on one end; Rubbermaid I tinks  :thinking:. As far as the lifting: Holler; Yo Vern , Glenlivet 16 year old over here; help will arrive  :lolb:.. Y’all have fun now ya hear.

Cletus

Online Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2018, 07:26:04 PM »
If it hurts to move: should help the target pistol  8). Go on down to one of the big box stores and get yourself one of those rolling platform thingees. They are about 2’x3’ , on wheels, and have a folding handle on one end; Rubbermaid I tinks  :thinking:. As far as the lifting: Holler; Yo Vern , Glenlivet 16 year old over here; help will arrive  :lolb:.. Y’all have fun now ya hear.

Cletus

Ah, the fine Scottish Produce :ThumbsUp:

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2018, 07:34:37 PM »
If it hurts to move: should help the target pistol  8) . Go on down to one of the big box stores and get yourself one of those rolling platform thingees. They are about 2’x3’ , on wheels, and have a folding handle on one end; Rubbermaid I tinks  :thinking: . As far as the lifting: Holler; Yo Vern , Glenlivet 16 year old over here; help will arrive  :lolb: .. Y’all have fun now ya hear.

Cletus

I've got a rolling platform cart like that already, its the lifting in/out of the car and on/off the table that hurts.

If I can't get enough bottled-help, I can always hold up a bag of mint chip cookies and watch all your shop elves come running!!

Hmmm, though it might have been MY elves jumping on my chest to wake me up and get them more cookies that got me into this mess... 

:ROFL:

Offline Dreeves

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2018, 11:31:46 PM »
Looks like the weather is going to be ok with no SNOW. Mid low 40s with rain.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Dave

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal