Author Topic: Cabin Fever next month  (Read 21330 times)

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
Cabin Fever next month
« on: December 16, 2017, 08:39:27 PM »
So who all is going to Cabin Fever next month?

I am finally going again (been too long) and am planning on taking my Shay, Lombard, Corliss, and vertical triple engines. Should fill a table easily, at least most of one.

You guys get a section together usually? Setup starts Friday morning I think, not sure when I'll be getting in, partly depends on the weather.

Offline kvom

Re: Cabin Fever next month
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 10:04:51 PM »
I am planning to be there.  Right now I am planning to drive and bring Joy engine, Ouzof rotary, Westbury paddle, and Benson.  However, if the weather prognosis turns bad I have a refundable air ticket to BWI, and will bring only what can easily be packed as carry on.  If I get enough parts made to be interesting I might bring some of the Colibri too.

Offline RonGinger

• Boothbay Maine USA
    • Pleasant Cove Models
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 10:51:58 PM »
I will be there, with my BROOKLYN tug model ready to run in the boat pond. It will be the first time I have finished a boat in time to take it.

I will also likely bring along a few other models. I plan to arrive Thursday evening- get to the expo and buy my entry badge so I dont have to stand in a long line Friday morning.

Looking forward to it, its my favorite event of the year.

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 11:41:12 PM »
Kvom - looking forward to seeing you there!
Ron, be great to see you again, I think that Brooklyn tug was the one you showed me this spring? Be fun to see it go! How big a pond do they set up?

Offline PJPickard

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 02:50:40 AM »
I'm pretty new to this group, but I have not missed a CF in 17 years. So...I am looking forward to seeing some of this stuff in person(read: Lombard!)

Paul

Offline 90LX_Notch

• North Eastern Pennsylvania USA
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 09:41:02 AM »
I plan on being there (Saturday) again this year and some of us do setup together.

The weather is a big factor for me and the way this winter is starting off it doesn't look good.  We keep getting snow here and part of my new job is plowing the roads.  Last Saturday, we were supposed to get 1-3 inches; we got eight.  We started plowing at 11:30a Saturday morning and stopped at 2:00a Sunday morning.  Wednesday, I went to bed around 10:00p and "got the call" at 11:45p, started plowing at 12:30a and plowed to three in the afternoon.  Being in the the truck 14+ hours  tends to make one very tired.

So, I am hoping for good weather for a few days prior as well as that Saturday.  I really enjoy the people and the show.

-Bob
Proud Member of MEM

My Engine Videos on YouTube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Notch90usa/videos

Offline ART

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 01:43:46 PM »
     I am looking forward to the show again this year, should be arriving about 11:00 Friday morning depending on the weather and traffic and will set up with the MEM group. I was hoping to bring my newest finished engine, but it still needs quite a lot of tidying up before it runs. I will still bring it as a " work in progress" Safe travels everybody.  Earl

Offline cheepo45

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 02:47:32 PM »
I am also looking forward to the 2018 show. I have a new Jan Ridders 2 stroke engine to show, as well as my usual display.
I will be there around 9:30 on Friday. It will be great to see old friends again, as well as making new ones!
 Cheepo45  (Scott)

Offline Dreeves

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 02:56:28 AM »
I will be there on Thursday night. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Dave

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 12:59:06 PM »
I知 in. As usual, I値l be there on Thursday to reserve MEM table space. Make sure you post here so I know how many spaces to hold.
I値l have Elmer痴 #50 along with the usual suspects.
Best,
Stan

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 02:21:55 PM »
I知 in. As usual, I値l be there on Thursday to reserve MEM table space. Make sure you post here so I know how many spaces to hold.
I値l have Elmer痴 #50 along with the usual suspects.
Excellent! I was wondering about how to know where to set up Friday morning, do you put up signs, or stand there with a big MEM hat?! Looking forward to meeting you all in person!
 :cheers:

Offline kvom

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 04:55:00 PM »
Assuming I'm driving I'll need most of a table or two air outlets.  Should know for sure a few days ahead of time when there's a more reliable weather forecast.  Don't want to set up too close to Chris; his level of quality compared to mine would be embarrassing (to me).   :'(

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 05:26:49 PM »
Assuming I'm driving I'll need most of a table or two air outlets.  Should know for sure a few days ahead of time when there's a more reliable weather forecast.  Don't want to set up too close to Chris; his level of quality compared to mine would be embarrassing (to me).   :'(
Too far away and you will miss out on the mint chocolate chip cookies!!

:cheers:

Offline kvom

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 07:26:42 PM »
That's OK.  I'm on a strict diet and only gained 5 lbs.   8)

Offline littlelocos

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2017, 01:38:18 AM »
Joy and I will be there with our kits n stuff.  New for this year is the 1/2-scale Essex Caloric engine kit.
See you there,
Todd.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal