Author Topic: Swarf - the making of  (Read 5827 times)

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
Re: Swarf - the making of
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 09:16:37 AM »
Sometimes a bit of time away is a good thing as you come back with renewed vigor. Good to see you back at it though I wonder if the real reason was Sue nagging you that the hydrangeas were looking a bit pink!

Hope to have a bit more CI swarf to show soon myself, just got to make the 670mm long 35mm dia between ctrs boring bar first :)

Offline Bertie_Bassett

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 02:00:07 PM »

Bertie, you'll need to get yourself one of those oil filled radiators - I wouldn't be without mine but the 'shop does need to be well insulated.

i think id need two dozen of those oil filled rads to even make a start on heating this place. unfortunately its a huge wooden shed with absolutely no insulation or draught proofing, i did stp the roof leaking this year but really need to strip the external cladding and insulate the whole thing.
or maybe ill just knock it down and start again its not the most sturdy of constructions
one day ill finish a project before starting another!
suffolk - uk

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 02:31:19 PM »
Ramon, good to see you back on a new project and seems like you are off to a fine start already.

Bill

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 08:45:52 AM »
Jason, Bertie, Bill, thanks for the comments.

Yes it seems like a long time but it's been good to get back machining again.

Bertie - you've got your work cut out by the sound of things, I can't imagine not getting in my workshop over the winter - that's the best time  :) I do hope you get sorted soon

Jason, if that's the bar then it's going to be a big bore indeed  :o Look forwards to hearing about it in due course.

Now, I'm going to bring this thread to a close - I have just had a PM from Jadge who has taken offence. That was NOT my intent for as I said it was all done in a lighthearted manner - I guess I just shouldn't have said anything in the first place and just posted loads of pics of work in progress - possibly we have actually not quite got to being able to handle a bit of (my) humour it seems.

No - I'm not throwing my dummy out of the pram - just a realisation that this has gone the wrong way - I'll be back later with some pics of the Corliss when we'll all be a bit happier I hope.

Best regards to you all - sincerely

Just keep smiling  :)  :) :) - Ramon

"I ain't here for the long time but I am here for a good time"
(a very apt phrase - thanks to a well meaning MEM friend)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal