Author Topic: Finally, I own A Clausing 8520.  (Read 5317 times)

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Finally, I own A Clausing 8520.
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 02:10:57 AM »
Ouch!!! Best not to open up any more. Maybe the stitches might be a good idea.

Bill

Offline 90LX_Notch

• North Eastern Pennsylvania USA
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 02:18:02 AM »
Your most likely right Bill.  The problem is that I'm one of those "Man up and carry on" types.  That attitude will probably be  the death of me in the end.

-Bob
Proud Member of MEM

My Engine Videos on YouTube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Notch90usa/videos

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 02:48:55 AM »
Your most likely right Bill.  The problem is that I'm one of those "Man up and carry on" types.  That attitude will probably be  the death of me in the end.

-Bob

Bob don't screw around with this!   :hellno: "Man up" and go get it stitched back together! You'll be back operational much sooner that way and it won't keep blowing out on you!

Jim

PS: I can show you the scar on my thumb to show you that I have some hard earned experience in this area.  :wallbang:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:18:09 AM by Flyboy Jim »
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2017, 05:01:46 AM »
Yeouch!  Yes! do take care of your injury!  Waiting a few days to move your new mill is worth while in order to maintain the use of your finger!

Take care Bob,
Kim

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2017, 08:33:21 AM »
Yes, be a mouse not a man and go and see the Doc... Remember if you don't you could loose feeling in the top of your finger  :o

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 11:45:36 AM »
Getting it on the stand shouldn't be too bad Bill. I disassemble an engine crane and carry into the basement for these situations.  Clearence to the floor joists might be tight for this lift; but it should be okay.

It looks like this project will be on hold for a few days.  I got a pretty decent cut from broken glass on my right trigger finger at work today. It definitely needed stiches but I was able to get it to stop.  It opened backup when I unplugged an electrical plug at home; so, I'll have to give it a couple of days to mend a little better before I move heavy objects. I'll probably try to work on "Tiny" instead.

-Bob

Yeah....don't mess with finger tips.....get ye to a doctor!!!!....

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline 90LX_Notch

• North Eastern Pennsylvania USA
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2017, 11:57:18 PM »
Thanks everyone for your concerns.  The cut is a deep "L"  shaped puncture wound near the base and to the left of the center line.  Think of plunging the tip of a steak knife into your finger; except this was a shard of glass from a t.v. set.

It stopped bleeding and is holding together.  I worked today and the BandAid had very little blood on it (smaller then a pea).  Right now it is uncovered and is not bleeding at all. I clean it regularly and apply antibiotic cream.  There is no pink or swelling at all around the cut as of now.

I use to run a stamping and deep draw house, deep cuts were the norm from the sheetmetal.  Granted, this is deeper but, it does seem to be under control at the moment.

-Bob
Proud Member of MEM

My Engine Videos on YouTube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Notch90usa/videos

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal