Author Topic: Another Milling machine?  (Read 6489 times)

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Another Milling machine?
« on: November 20, 2017, 12:43:19 PM »
I have been wondering how many milling machines is too many  :naughty:  :-X

My supplier keeps trying to tempt me with his cute Schaublin Milling machine  :thinking: its that or maybe find a big brother to Sexy  :mischief: Not too big just a little bigger  :embarassed:

But I will have to sell some stuff to make space  :'(

Jo

Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Online Vixen

• Hampshire UK
Re: Another Milling machine?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 01:03:06 PM »
What about the Emco F1 CNC that you were so interested in a few months ago?

Mike :mischief: :mischief: :mischief:
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 01:17:37 PM »
I could sort you out with an ex demo SX2.7 fully tooled up in a year or so if you can wait that long. Can't think why I would want more than the X3 that I have already :LittleDevil:

Someone came up with a very good quote on ME forum " It's not what is in your workshop that is important, it's the finished items that come out of it"  :embarassed:

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 02:16:53 PM »

Its not Swiss   ::) and I can't see my Supplier taking the same time and trouble cleaning and vacuuming out the back of his Discovery if it was likely to be transporting an Emco  :ShakeHead:

:facepalm: You forgot to remind me about the CNC... it will still be there next year......

I could sort you out with an ex demo SX2.7 fully tooled up in a year or so if you can wait that long. Can't think why I would want more than the X3 that I have already :LittleDevil:

He hasn't even had it a few months and he is already planning its disposal  :ThumbsUp: Quality tools  :ThumbsUp: Last a Life time and you get more for them when you sell them that when you brought them  :cartwheel:

Someone came up with a very good quote on ME forum " It's not what is in your workshop that is important, it's the finished items that come out of it"  :embarassed:

I don't agree: Its not what comes out of your workshop that is important it is the pleasure you have when you are playing in it  8) A finished model is just another ornament for dusting  :disappointed:. Now a set of castings is like a packet of seeds it is a promise of good things to come  ;D

I wonder if some flapjack and a cuppa or two would see it polished on Wednesday as well as installed in the workshop :naughty:

Jo

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 02:27:11 PM »
 :pics:

Bill

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 02:39:13 PM »
 ::) Its not mine yet Bill. You will understand when you see it why I am not willing to say more  ;)

Looks like the only place to put it is where the Prazimat is  :( but I don't want to sell her  :'(

Jo

Online Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 02:42:38 PM »

Its not Swiss   ::) and I can't see my Supplier taking the same time and trouble cleaning and vacuuming out the back of his Discovery if it was likely to be transporting an Emco  :ShakeHead:

You are right. It's not Swiss, it's Austrian. Very hard to tell the difference, the quality is the same. Only the flags are different.

:facepalm: You forgot to remind me about the CNC... it will still be there next year......

Quite probably.

Mike

It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 02:50:16 PM »
You can always push the walls out Jo and make room without having to sell anything  :thinking: Would be a shame to sell the Prazimat  :'(

Bill

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 02:55:35 PM »
::) Its not mine yet Bill. You will understand when you see it why I am not willing to say more  ;)

Looks like the only place to put it is where the Prazimat is  :( but I don't want to sell her  :'(

Jo

I wish I lived closer Jo. I'd be more than happy to store (and use) your Prazimat for you. You could come and LOOK at it anytime you want.  :mischief:

Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 03:02:41 PM »

You are right. It's not Swiss, it's Austrian. Very hard to tell the difference, the quality is the same. Only the flags are different.

Mike

You try telling that to Eric  :lolb: I am only being allowed to go and see this as he doesn't have the money for it  :-\

Jo

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 03:06:36 PM »
I wish I lived closer Jo. I'd be more than happy to store (and use) your Prazimat for you. You could come and LOOK at it anytime you want.  :mischief:

Jim

That's very generous Jim  ;)

What is sad is that the Prazimat is a nice "Apprentice lathe" and it gave me something to let visitors have a quick turn on without me worrying about them getting too friendly with my Mr Silky  :o

Jo

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 04:24:57 PM »

Looks like the only place to put it is where the Prazimat is

Get those triples finished and off the bench as they are taking up more room than the Prazimat and then you will have room for it ;)

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 06:01:28 PM »

Looks like the only place to put it is where the Prazimat is

Get those triples finished and off the bench as they are taking up more room than the Prazimat and then you will have room for it ;)

Always  :stickpoke:  :stickpoke:  :stickpoke:   :disappointed:

No the Prazimat has its own bench, my Island work table is at different height and I do not want a lathe on the main Island work table.

Jo

Offline Florian Eberhard

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 06:44:44 PM »
..not Swiss ... Austrian... Only the flags are different.

Sure. Just like Ireland and England.  :o :???: 8)

@Jo: What Schaublin? A no. 11, 12 or 13?

Florian

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 07:26:38 PM »
Hi Florian  :)

My supplier has a no 12 and a 13 already. No this is another maker's machine but not the smallest like Sexy  :-X

I won't be sure until I see it. Sadly I am going through the photos and spotting missing bits :wallbang:  :ShakeHead:

I could still have his immaculate No12 but my Supplier spent too much restoring it  :(

Jo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal