Author Topic: My new (Ex Excalibur) Scroll Saw  (Read 1494 times)

simplyloco

My new (Ex Excalibur) Scroll Saw
« on: October 21, 2017, 04:03:51 PM »
Treated myself to this lovely gadget, used by all the pro's. They were once available in the USA under the Excalibur brand name but the UK company bought the rights - I think! US citizens can still buy them under the 'King' brand.
 I gave up trying to find a second hand Hegner at sensible money and so bit the bullet on this one. I love it, but I'm now a bit pushed for space...
DSC00066 by inkaboat, on Flickr

Fits in nicely at the correct height where the three in one shear used to be. Gonna be good for dioramas...
DSC00068 by inkaboat, on Flickr

I've been away in France for a month so I have a bit of catching up to do, and I want to finish the beam engine by Christmas.
John

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
Re: My new (Ex Excalibur) Scroll Saw
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 06:35:31 PM »
Looks like a very nice saw John, you should be able to do a lot with that one, and have a lot of fun in the process!  I was familiar with Excalibur, but had not heard they were bought out.  That's interesting.  But as you say, they seem to be available as "King" in the states.

Enjoy the new toy!
Kim

Offline petertha

Re: My new (Ex Excalibur) Scroll Saw
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 05:26:14 AM »
Can't speak for USA but looks like King Canada is a (the?) distributer for Excelsior assuming that's the re-branded saw. I'm seeing it advertised in more mainstream stores though. http://www.kingcanada.com/search-results/?cid=229&mid=9
Let us know how you like it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal