Author Topic: New Member: Lewis  (Read 1164 times)

Offline lewis

New Member: Lewis
« on: October 21, 2017, 10:18:54 AM »
Hi All,

My names is Lewis and I'm from Cornwall. Have little experience with lathes or other machine tools, but I am a Mining Engineer. I have just inherited my father's Perrris Lathe, which  as a small boy, I watched my father assemble from a box of castings. It has not been used for a number of years, so my first task is to clean it up and check the electrics. This will be my winter project. As present other than getting it operational, I have no  project in mind for it as yet, but think a milling machine may join it. Have just read the Cowells 90 lathe book by A Smith and purchased some oil and a new belt. Hope to learn some new skills and start a project.

Lewis
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 10:23:18 AM by lewis »

Offline Ye-Ole Steam Dude

• Deep East Texas on Sam Rayburn Lake
Re: New Member: Lewis
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 10:37:00 AM »
Welcome Lewis to the MEM Forum. Great looking lathe and it looks to be in very good condition.

Have a great day,
Thomas
Thomas

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 06:18:37 PM »
Hi Lewis,
Welcome to the forum!
I 'm not familiar with the Perris Lathe, but it looks to be a nice little piece of equipment.  You should have a lot of fun with it.  There are a lot of people on this forum that to big things with little lathes like that!
Kim

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 08:19:08 PM »
Welcome to MEM Lewis. Nice looking little lathe and it should clean up very well.  I am one of those that likes the little lathes  ;)

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal