Author Topic: Alyn Foundry  (Read 3772 times)

Offline Trevorc

Alyn Foundry
« on: October 10, 2017, 08:22:20 PM »
Hello, can any one tell me the situation regarding Alyn Foundry of North Wales. They once produced casting for an i/c engine but understood they went out of business some years ago. Have not seen any advertisments for them in model magazines for a long time so presume my understanding is correct. Unless of course you know different!
Regards
Trevorc

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
Re: Alyn Foundry
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 08:41:49 PM »
I'm sure Graham Corry will be along later and will be the best man to answer your questions though if you search through his posts you should get an idea of the state of play, he goes by the name of " Alyn Foundry"

Offline Alyn Foundry

• North Wales, Great Britain.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 11:21:31 AM »
Hello Trevor.

How can I help?

I noticed from some of your previous posts you have a keen interest in R.A. Lister of Dursley.

I had the largest collection of Listers in the Northwest, there were a couple of rarities missing. I started my collection with a " P " type in 1978. Marvellous engines, built to last! They now reside at the Anson Engine museum near Stockport Manchester.

Cheers Graham.

Offline Trevorc

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 09:16:53 PM »
Hello Graham, thanks for reply.
I am good way through building Hoglet and am already thinking about next project.
When i saw the model carrying the Lister logo i was very interested but subsequently found it wasnt a model of a Lister engine. The logo had been stuck on for effect.
My enquiry about Alyn Foundry was prompted by somebody telling me they were still in business so i was interested to see if it was true and if so what casting they had.
From what you have said i presume they are out of business.
Have to look else where!!
Regards
Trevorc

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 07:36:02 AM »
If you want a lister there was a series in ME on making one.

[youtube1]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXzqGHn0CDY[/youtube1]

There was a guy in the west country made patterns and was selling castings to order, or it could be fabricated.

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 09:33:58 AM »
There is a build log for the Lister 6-1 here:

http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,1742.0.html

I don't know if he ever got it to run.
Best regards

Roger

Offline Alyn Foundry

• North Wales, Great Britain.
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 11:40:51 AM »
Hello Trevor.

Well, by " they " that's me, and " out of business " sounds like we went bust, no we ceased trading as our local foundry closed and a replacement " quality " foundry couldn't be found.

I wonder if my passion for Lister engines has got a little mixed with the foundry castings over time?

Was there something specific you were looking for? We never produced an enclosed crank engine kit.

My R.L.E. engine looks very similar to the one mentioned in another thread.

Kind regards, Graham.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal