Author Topic: Photo issue  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Bobsmodels

Photo issue
« on: September 27, 2017, 10:55:04 PM »
Hi

Recently when I am viewing a post some pictures come up with an "x" in a box and others just fine.

What am I missing?

Bob

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Photo issue
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 12:19:43 AM »
Do you get the same result with a different browser Bob? Also does the problem remain or go away after a bit?

Bill

Offline Bobsmodels

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 01:03:25 AM »
Bill

I use explorer.  As an example the thread on finger engines I see all photos, but when I go off to the link in that thread I see the "x".   I tried using Google Chrome and all the pictures showed up in the link.
Not sure about it going away.  I will keep seeing if there is a pattern.  Maybe it is just one of the hosting systems does not like Explorer or there is a setting I have incorrect.

This has only happened since the photobucket issue.  Some photos I see others not.

Thanks

Bob

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 01:32:15 AM »
That helps Bob. I am getting the same "X" with IE also, Chrome seems ok though. In this instance it seems to be more with pictures that sco posted,  but I assume you see it with other peoples content as well. I would guess it's an IE issue (which is normally what I use at home on the laptop as well. I will play around with settings and see if anything helps in the example you gave.

When I right click and inspect element on sco's "x"ed out photos, I can see that they were hosted by imageshack. That is with IE. In chrome, the "x"'s don't show but neither do the photos. It may be in this case that imageshack is attempting to do the same thing as PB re: linking to other sites, but isn't as adept as PB about putting up the "notification" sign that PB has used.

Bill
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:56:48 AM by b.lindsey »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal