Author Topic: RETIREMENT  (Read 1583 times)

Offline metaler

RETIREMENT
« on: September 17, 2017, 10:25:57 PM »
Having on some forums mentioned earlier in the year that I would take a break from issuing further videos the pause has made me realise that it has come to the time to retire. However, the videos that I had already completed and  intended to issue two at a time, I have now made them all public. They are a series  I have called “Project for an Afternoon” a link here.  http://www.homews.co.uk/page617a.html

Having made those comments, I just may add the occasional video or a few pages to my website, but do not see this as likely in the foreseeable future. The reason is that at the age of 84 I am finding tasks increasingly demanding, typically correspondence. I will though be pleased still to receive emails that I can answer simply, such as, “Thanks for your email” or, “That's  a good idea, must try it some time”.

Could I please ask that you see the correspondence page on my website where there is more detail regarding the situation. http://www.homews.co.uk/page6.html

I will still view my website statistics though most forum only give the total number of visits which is of little use, only a small number  give the page from which a link occurred and can then be followed up.

I would now like to give a big thank you to the very large number of home metalworkers, world wide, who have thanked me for my articles, books, website, and more recently, videos. Such has done much to help keep me going for some 25 years.

Thanks to you all.
Harold Hall

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: RETIREMENT
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 10:47:49 PM »
Wishing you all the best in your retirement Harold. I hope you will still visit us from time to time and feel free to comment or not as the mood strikes.

Bill

simplyloco

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 11:08:46 PM »
I just had a quick look at your website. A really brilliant source of knowledge! How does it feel to be immortal?
Regards
John

Offline gerritv

• St Catharines, ON
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 01:20:33 AM »
Thank you Harold for all your amazing contributions. Your passing on of knowledge is not wasted. I visit your site often for insight and ideas to solve problems.

Gerrit
Don't confuse activity with progress

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 01:44:39 AM »
Thank you for all your help over the years!  I've read your books and articles and made many of your projects.  I've found the tools useful and have leaned a lot in making them.

Hope you enjoy your retirement as much as possible!  Do what you enjoy and enjoy what you do!

Thanks for all you have done to help me and so many others!
Kim

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 05:06:28 AM »
Best of Luck and good wishes to you Harold!    Take care and please have fun in the shop again!

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline DTR

• UK
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 05:32:53 AM »
Thank you for your contributions, Harold. Your website and books have been an immense help to me since I (re)started machining. Wishing you all the best for a happy retirement
Dave

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 07:23:36 AM »
Thank you  :NotWorthy: Harold,

Please think about arranging something to insure your excellent website remains available as your legacy to us all so we can continue to benefit from it for many decades to come  8)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline cwelkie

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 01:49:17 PM »
Thank you from me as well Harold for all the contributions you've made over the decades.  My shelves hold many of your projects and ideas that are constant reminders of many pleasant hours spent in the shop.
Take care and keep puttering,
Charlie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal