Author Topic: Fusion360  (Read 2521 times)

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
Fusion360
« on: September 08, 2017, 09:30:48 PM »
Anyone else having trouble with Fusion. I haven't run it for over a month. The program will open fine. The drop-down menus work but I cannot select an item from any of the drop-down menus.

I hope it's an update problem, as my other programs are working normally. I running Windows 7.

Gary
Windows 10 & 11, Alibre Design Pro V27, IntelliCADPro6, CamBam, Mach4, 3D Printers, Cetus, Anet ET5 X
15" South Bend, 10" Logan lathe, Grizzly square column mill, CNC router & Hot wire cutter. Lagun FTV-1 knee mill, Sherline mill & lathe

Offline Swarf Maker

Re: Fusion360
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 11:19:27 PM »
Check the 'Job Status'  - clock symbol top right. There is an update currently being distributed. My programme is still functioning correctly though.

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 11:52:26 PM »
Mine updated the other day, working fine here on Windows 7 this afternoon.

One of the updates recently changed things to be a background update - if you didnt have that version, it basically brings the app to its knees while an update is being done, just let it run and come back in an hour or two. The newer version lets it update while just slowing it down some instead of freezing it.

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 03:05:53 AM »
Thanks for the input. I'll give it some time.
Gary
Windows 10 & 11, Alibre Design Pro V27, IntelliCADPro6, CamBam, Mach4, 3D Printers, Cetus, Anet ET5 X
15" South Bend, 10" Logan lathe, Grizzly square column mill, CNC router & Hot wire cutter. Lagun FTV-1 knee mill, Sherline mill & lathe

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 01:32:27 AM »
 Update

I have tried a reinstall. That did not work. I all so left the app open for well over an hour to see if an update was downloading. That didn't work either.

Oh, when I uninstalled, the file was 187meg. The new install showed over 2gig.

After the GUI loads I go to create new component and it will not select. Next I go to sketch and select line that will bring up the sketch pad and allow me to select a plane and allow me to draw a line. I can draw a box with line tool but none of the other tools in the sketch menu will work. At this point none of the drop-down menus will function. I can do a right click select create extrude and extrude the Box. The extrude window opens up but none of the items can be selected. To exit extrude I have to hit the return key.
The Help menu will drop down but none of the items can be selected. I cannot close the program using the X in the upper right hand corner I can however right click on the tab in the taskbar and select close program from there.

Job status shows online and signed in.
 :hammerbash: :killcomputer:
Gary

Offline Ye-Ole Steam Dude

• Deep East Texas on Sam Rayburn Lake
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 01:43:57 AM »
Not sure this will help, but try clearing your cache before you do a reinstall. I had a marine design program that would not load correctly and the manufacturer had me delete the original install and clear my cache. Then it worked just fine.

Thomas
Thomas

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 02:39:34 AM »
Sounds like a time to contact their email service line, they are very helpful, they can look at the log files from your machine and diagnose a lot, I had simaler things happening at first, they told me what setting changes to make, cleared it right up. Was some setting in the graphics driver on mine.

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 12:00:36 PM »
Not sure this will help, but try clearing your cache before you do a reinstall. I had a marine design program that would not load correctly and the manufacturer had me delete the original install and clear my cache. Then it worked just fine.

Thomas
May be it is worse to check the Autodesk site, there is a special "cleaning" programm available and they recomend strongly to run this program before a reinstallation of Fusion360.
I have found it by the German site of Autodesk, so it must be available in the the US also.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 01:16:04 PM by fumopuc »
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline Stuart

• Tilchestune UK
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 12:23:45 PM »
to the OP

no disrespect to others but your best resource for Fusion360 problems is to post on the fusion forum most times you get a Autodesk employee answer you PDQ I Evan had a phone call from a engineer in India note I am in the UK

yes there is a routine to clean it out correctly
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-do-an-automatic-Clean-Uninstall-for-Autodesk-Fusion-360.html

for your problem
My aim is for a accurate part with a good finish

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 04:22:21 PM »
Thanks fellows. Ran the Fusion360 cleaner and reinstalled .

Did not fix the problem. :hammerbash: :killcomputer: :Mad:

Contacting tech support.
Gary

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 12:13:10 AM »
Thanks everyone for your input.

It seems there was not a software problem. In the trouble shooting process, started have the same issues in other software. Could not find any virus or malware, so ordered a new laptop.
It has not arrived yet.

Problem solved I hope.
Gary

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal