Author Topic: Hello from Cornwall, UK  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Plant_tech87

Hello from Cornwall, UK
« on: September 05, 2017, 09:36:32 PM »
Good evening everyone, I'm James a mobile technician for a plant company in Cornwall, England!! I love everything combustion really but more so compression ignition!! Although a little petrol motor I do enjoy or spark ignition if you like! Of recent I've started to admire the miniature and model side of it and hope to build my own soon! I do love the math and science of internal combustion engines and have a few questions for anyone and everyone if they would like to get involved!! Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you, cheers j

Offline Chipswitheverything

Re: Hello from Cornwall, UK
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 10:06:47 PM »
Hi James, just a greeting, and to say that you will most certainly find friendly and helpful advice on the MEM Forum when you have any queries about getting started in model engineering.   Not to mention all the information that's already there to sift through, when you feel like exploring some themes in this excellent Forum...

Cheers, Dave

Offline Ye-Ole Steam Dude

• Deep East Texas on Sam Rayburn Lake
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 10:14:18 PM »
Welcome to the MEM Forum.

Thomas
Thomas

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 10:58:46 PM »
Hi James and welcome. Just jump right in and test the waters. It a friendly bunch here. What type of equipment do you have or have access to?

Bill
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:57:01 PM by b.lindsey »

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 03:41:54 AM »
Hi there James,
Welcome to MEM!  There are a lot of members here who do a lot of Internal Combustion work.  I'm mostly on the steam side myself, but someday I'll probably try my and at IC.
Kim

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 08:47:18 AM »
Welcome to the Forum  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp: I am currently working a small CI engine with fuel injection.
Best regards

Roger

Offline Plant_tech87

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 04:09:15 PM »
Wow you are indeed a friendly bunch which is refreshing, I've been on a few forums and some have that air of sarcasm around them!! I have access to a lathe at the workshop I work in although I'm looking in to buying one for home so any advice on what to look for and where to look for it would be appreciated!!

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 12:04:09 AM »
James, I hope you will always find that here on the MEM forum. We pride ourselves on that and work hard to keep it that way. I am sure some of our UK members can point you to local suppliers of machine tools when the time comes. Some of that will depend on the size of engines you envision building.

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal