Author Topic: The million dollar ?  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Rutterc85

The million dollar ?
« on: September 02, 2017, 08:35:33 PM »
So im moving home in a fortnight and have a nice new single garage that I'm converting into my workshop, I already have my Myford ML7 but I am in the market for a cnc machine.

I'm still new to engineering and am in awe of the tormach and could easily fit their pcnc770 in the space I have reserved. Ive spent the last few months exploring fusion360 and their cad/cam tutorials and can now muddle my way through designing something from scratch, just need the machine to do so!

My question is are their other options im missing?

My main use will be for motorcycle parts for my race bikes however im in awe of the v10 in keith5700 build thread so would love to give that a go once im good enough, swmbo is keen on me getting one as she has lots of bits and pieces she wants made  :cartwheel:

http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,3007.0.html

My main criteria is accuracy and reliability along with a good support network. If anyone in the Cambridgeshire area has any of the cnc machines and is happy to give me a tour i'll be eternally greatful
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 08:48:46 PM by Rutterc85 »

Offline Rutterc85

Re: The million dollar ?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 03:43:16 PM »
So after a few days of research have come across the Haas range of machines, one of the advantages would be their uk site is an hour from where I live. I however know little about their machines

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: The million dollar ?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 03:51:53 PM »
Haas is well known here in the states and a lot of the NASCAR shops have them for engine parts, etc., but they are not in the same size range as the Tormach machines, nor in the same price range. There support network on this side of the pond is excellent however and I would expect the same in the UK.

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal