Author Topic: 1/3rd scale V10  (Read 293363 times)

Offline AlexS

Re: 1/3rd scale V10
« Reply #315 on: January 14, 2018, 10:09:53 PM »
Hi Keith,

First what a masterpiece of an engine does you build! I am new here on this forum, working on a one cilinder project.

I saw that you have plans to change the valve timing. Maybe I could help you with some theoretic/simulation things. At school I've acces to a powerful Internal combustion simulation program, called GT Power. If you want I could do a couple of models with different valve timing etc. With proper inputs and specs of the engine it is possible to see lots of data, for example the fuel distribution over the cilinders or torque/power. It could give a idea what could be going on in the engine.

Maybe you could use the next info. In the book of Richard Stone, they advised specs for a valve timing as follow:

Intake opening: 10-50 degrees bTDC
            closing: 40-80 degrees aBDC

Exhaust opening: 40-80 degrees bBDC
              closing: 10-50 degrees aTDC

And the degree from TDC to max lift intake and exhaust between 104-109 degrees for low-mid range engines.

I added a picture for explain the numbers more clearly.

Greets Alex

Offline cam

« Reply #316 on: February 24, 2018, 12:35:55 PM »
Hello Keith,

very impressive!!! :ThumbsUp:

Could you please share some details, such as dimensions, bore, stroke, power, max revolutions...

Thank you very much.

Cam

Offline KB

« Reply #317 on: February 27, 2018, 03:57:50 PM »
Such an amazing engine. Awesome start on the car too!

Offline ccc1522

« Reply #318 on: June 30, 2018, 10:10:21 PM »
Ive been really interested in this hobby and really want to get into it. I was drawn here by the video posted by keith and thought it was a very awesome build and hobby. I have a few questions however. Did you design all parts? if so could you direct me to any books or material that would help me in designing my own engine? I recently graduated with a BA in ME so i am able to use textbooks of design and calculations if need be. Secondly how were you able to design it so perfectly with the bored holes on the crankshaft for example. I understand those are very minute modifications to change very minute changes in mass and center of mass. How were you able to design such a magnificent crankshaft and find out proper counterweight design, placement and size. It is very interesting what you have done and I am very curious on the process you took for your design.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal