Author Topic: Florian's Deckel "FP0" - a combination of two machines  (Read 4938 times)

Offline Florian Eberhard

Re: Florian's Deckel "FP0" - a combination of two machines
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 02:20:14 PM »
So the new belt which is going to be a v-ribbed belt requires new belt pulleys on the motor and the spindle aswell. The drive will have two ratios, so the pulleys will have two diamteters too.
After some trying out and calculating, I had the dimensions for the pulleys and also a belt that would fit.

I started with the motor pulley, for which I had a piece of aluminium laying around. That piece was clamped in the four jaw independent chuck (which is big enough for this job) and then I machined the step. I flipped it around and machined the bore and the matching diameter for the hub which I will make from steel. (before flipping it I drilled the four holes)
Then I made a hub from steel, which is going to be on the motor shaft. That hub was also turned around and then the matching diameter for the aluminium wheel was machined and the hub was bored out.
The pulley was mounted onto the hub (which was still clamped) and finish machined on the outside. This should result in minimal runout and therefore minimal unbalanced mass.
In the same setup, I finally also machined the belt grooves. And this is it, the finished motor pulley, first for itself and then on the motor, with the belt hanging around it already.

Cheers Florian

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal