Author Topic: I did update all my posts to reattach pictures  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Florian Eberhard

I did update all my posts to reattach pictures
« on: August 16, 2017, 08:12:51 PM »
Good Evening Community!

Phew!! I did it:

I have in the last few weeks updated all of my posts since dropbox decided to not make it possible anymore to insert pictures somewhere by using the picture's link.
Well - honestly - it was funny to re-read everything I had written here and to see how my english had developped aswell (which I of course appreciate).
And I have found out that I had written posts with an estimated total of 750 pictures overall!!    :o
However, I have possibly missed something and would like to hear from you if you come across any missing pictures on any of my posts.

Finally I am free of this - well - actually slightly tedious duty. And since I have uploaded all of the pictures as attachements, I don't have to expect any more problems (I hope so at least :thinking: )
:cheers: :cheers:

Cheers Florian

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: I did update all my posts to reattach pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 08:58:05 PM »
Many thanks for your efforts Florian. It is appreciated now and will be in the future as well by many readers I am sure.

Bill
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 09:02:16 PM by b.lindsey »

Offline Florian Eberhard

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 09:32:00 PM »
Hi Bill

Well I myself always think its a pity if there are threads without pictures.
In my opinion a forum with only text posts and threads acutally isn't half as interesting as one with lots of pictures, sketches, videos and what else can be attached.
So it was only logical to do this even if it was a bit tiring.

Florian

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 10:56:16 PM »
I can only guess that the hosting sites figured many would rather pay than go to all that effort. I just hope they are proven wrong by folks like you and others here that have done the same.

Bill

Offline Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 11:01:51 PM »
Unfortunately, if only 5% of their old customers decide to pay up, then Photo****it stand to make a lot of money.

Mike
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 12:58:49 AM »
I'm in the middle of this process and still have a ways to go, reminds me I need to get back to work on it.

Dave

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 04:09:36 AM »
I'm in the middle of this process and still have a ways to go, reminds me I need to get back to work on it.

Dave

Same here Dave. I'm presently working on the last build thread that is needing to be converted.

Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 05:15:47 AM »
I appreciate all of you who are taking the time to update the pictures on your build threads to get rid of the PB issue, even though it IS a bit of a pain.  I think it will really help keep our forum useful, vibrant, and alive.  ;D

And I just hate going to a thread and finding broken links :(  Just no fun at all  :cussing:

So, thank you Florian, Dave, and Jim. And everyone else who's fixed their broken links (or are planning to!).  :ThumbsUp:
Kim

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal