Author Topic: After All That Heaving And Thrashing About  (Read 6665 times)

Offline bent

• Wet side of Washington State, USA
Re: After All That Heaving And Thrashing About
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 06:30:46 PM »
I've had to help clean house (my past engines were taking over the dining room table) given the upcoming holidays  :rant:, and my workbench is now piled high with projects and their detritus.  Oh, and swarf.  Need to get motivated to clean it up...maybe a new steam engine project?  :headscratch:  Or one of those IC engines I see on here.   :thinking: Or...maybe Santa will bring me a new mini-mill, which will require re-organizing and increasing the size of my workbench!  :whoohoo: :cheers:

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 07:55:08 PM »
Despite the bollocking for replying to a thread over 120 days old  ;D  I'm back with a few more pics.!!!

Have spent all day finishing off the bench end of the emporium and put most of the test line in for compressed air engines.  :ThumbsUp:

Just fancied a bit of a gloat as I've not seen that bench clear ( or very nearly ) for years ...  :Lol: 

TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY   :cartwheel:

I am going to exhume the mortal remains of that Hot-Air engine I once started out of the shed and have a another go at it. Something rather more interesting than all this civil engineering lark which is beginning to get right up my nose ...   :cussing:  Don't mind a bit of it occasionally but you can have too much.

Celebratory  :DrinkPint:  or two I think.

Dave

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 08:00:05 PM »
Just fancied a bit of a gloat as I've not seen that bench clear ( or very nearly ) for years ...  :Lol: 

What's that stuff scattered all over the red panel at the end  :lolb:

So Dave what compressor are you running? Mine is sooo noisy  :facepalm: and doesn't have a lot of puff  :ShakeHead: couldn't keep up with the Swan for more than a couple of twirls  ::)

We need pics of the Hot Air engine  :)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 08:06:25 PM »

What's that stuff scattered all over the red panel at the end  :lolb:

So Dave what compressor are you running? Mine is sooo noisy  :facepalm: and doesn't have a lot of puff  :ShakeHead: couldn't keep up with the Swan for more than a couple of twirls  ::)

We need pics of the Hot Air engine  :)

Jo

The technical term for the 'stuff' as you call it is the 'Bill of Material' for 'Work in Progress' .
AKA ' Crap'

I've posted pics. of that HA Engine  ... see if I can find it ..

Found it ...  :)

http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,7377.0.html

Compressor is a 2HP V-Twin from Axminster. Had it about 12 years now I think ..   

Dave

Piccy of compressor now att.  Don't have any US coinage to give an idea of size so you'll have to make do with a 500ml can of Marston's Pedigree ..  :DrinkPint:

The receiver is some 32" long and the overall height of it is about 28".

PS Of course compressors are noisy. How else would the neighbours know you had one ...  :headscratch:

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 08:47:26 PM by Bluechip »

Offline JC54

• Grantham, Lincolnshire, UK
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 09:03:38 PM »
 Like the shop, nearly as much as a can of Pedigree (if at correct temperature) :DrinkPint:. Donn't let "Her that must be obeyed" see the brush and dustpan  :thinking: she will expect you to use them and  SHOCK HORROR the vacuum in the house.... :Argue: :Director:
When the Fun Stops,, Stop!

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2018, 09:07:43 PM »
Like the shop, nearly as much as a can of Pedigree (if at correct temperature) :DrinkPint:. Donn't let "Her that must be obeyed" see the brush and dustpan  :thinking: she will expect you to use them and  SHOCK HORROR the vacuum in the house.... :Argue: :Director:

I live in a SWMBO-free zone.  No spouse  :)

When I was young and desirable I was too fast to be caught.

Now I am slow enough to be caught I am no longer desirable.

:lolb:

Dave

Offline JC54

• Grantham, Lincolnshire, UK
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 09:16:39 PM »
When I was young and desirable I was also stupid, should have put a single seat on the Norvin.. :stir:
When the Fun Stops,, Stop!

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2018, 09:26:52 PM »
Wow, the shop looks amazingly well organized Dave. Definitely time to pull out an old project or start a new one. Don't leave it clean too long  :naughty:

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal