Author Topic: Workshop Walk  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Nick_G

Workshop Walk
« on: August 11, 2017, 11:35:29 PM »

This is not my workshop.!

Some of you may have seen that I had to move my machines a couple of months ago through me moving out of where I was living. I was offered garages and containers to store my machines in until I get a new place sorted but a friend of mine said I could store and install them in his workshop if I wished. - This I think is much better option to be in a working 'oily' environment against being in storage. Plus of course I can still use them and the other machines in the workshop.

I promised a member here I would make a video of the workshop. Hopefully others will find it an interesting man-cave also and will provoke some discussion about the machines etc.

At one time (not so long ago) every town would have had several small 'jobbing' engineering machine shops such as this. - Now most are gone.! Visitors here are polarized. They either totally love the place, it's machines and a man actually making things or are truly horrified by the mess, metal, oil and truly feel that their eyesight has been violated.

Anyway ....................

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky_Iqo2bvQk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky_Iqo2bvQk</a>

Nick

Offline Thor

Re: Workshop Walk
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 06:30:11 AM »
Thanks for the video Nick, resembles a machine shop not far from where I live.

Thor

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 07:05:02 AM »
The container symbols at the beginning of the Vid could be the old storage temperatures/Humidity levels markings. You also get Fire and Chemical Hazard Symbols to indicate possible hazards to Firefighters approaching stored containers.

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 08:19:25 AM »
Thanks for that Nick, make the most of all those machines while you can. Maybe you could use the capstan to knock out a few 100 studs for Jo so she can get a some of her engines finished off before starting another one :mischief:

Offline Nick_G

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 02:41:49 PM »
Thanks for that Nick, make the most of all those machines while you can. Maybe you could use the capstan to knock out a few 100 studs for Jo so she can get a some of her engines finished off before starting another one :mischief:
She is preserving the environment by never getting to the stage where they create exhaust fumes.  ;D ;) ;)

Nick

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal