Author Topic: Rupnow I. C.Vertical  (Read 2443 times)

Offline krankie frankie

Rupnow I. C.Vertical
« on: July 05, 2017, 10:42:11 PM »
So here it is my version of Brian's I.C. Vertical I tend to move at a glacial pace but I did get it done. I had little difficulty getting it to run but it does not run as well as I would like, I have to adjust the throttle and the needle valve to find a "sweet" spot. I broke down and bought a Traxxes carb for it but that made it worse. I will have to tinker with the timing and see if that helps the problem. Video is courtesy of my lovely wife Buttercup.

frankie

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ajj54WhJx0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ajj54WhJx0</a>

Offline Ye-Ole Steam Dude

• Deep East Texas on Sam Rayburn Lake
Re: Rupnow I. C.Vertical
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 11:21:35 PM »
Buttercup did a really good job.....and so did you. Sounds OK and it did not load up when connected to the saw, and that is cool.
Thomas

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 12:04:12 AM »
Nice job, Frankie. I like your saw too, but count your fingers before and after using it. I built a buzz saw and ran it long enough to make a video, but its just too scary to use very much.---Brian

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 12:41:12 AM »
Sounds sweet to me Frankie. Nicely done and thank your wife for the video as well  :ThumbsUp:

Bill

Offline MJM460

• Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 01:56:53 PM »
Looks and sounds great frankie.  And a great video. 

At least your saw has a guard.  The buzz saw on my father-in-law's farm had a three foot diameter blade and no guard.  Now that is scary!  I don't think they allow those any more.

He had the good sense to make the kids and his wife keep well away inside the house while it was in operation.

But a great demonstration of your engine.  Still, keep your fingers clear.

MJM460
The more I learn, the more I find that I still have to learn!

Offline krankie frankie

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 06:07:32 PM »
 My father also had a buzz saw that went on the front of the tractor and we always ended up out in the woods in the middle of January when it was bitterly cold. There were no guards on the blade or the belt that drove it. It is a wonder how we all kept all the limbs we started with. I forgot to give a big thank you to Brian Rupnow his drawings are always a joy to use, after working as a machinist/mold maker for 40 years I can always the case.

jfw

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 06:27:50 PM »
Splendid  :praise2:  :praise2: You can certainly be proud of that  :wine1: I like the trying to get a belt on a running engine game. Mine tend to be connected to motor/generators that I can use to start them and then to load them.
Best regards

Roger

Offline krankie frankie

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 10:34:28 PM »
Generally I am a little better with the belt, the original version did not have the saw pulley on it when I put the extra pulley on my starting tool was not long enough. I wish I could claim the belt start idea but I saw it on Youtube I forget what the guy's name was, I think I will use that for any future engines.

frankie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal