Author Topic: The Elephant has left the room  (Read 33670 times)

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
Re: The Elephant has left the room
« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2017, 09:30:43 PM »
There is really no reason to ruin a perfectly good cup of coffee or tea buy putting milk in it.  :lolb:

Dave

Offline Alan Haisley

• Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, USA
« Reply #181 on: July 30, 2017, 10:26:29 PM »
Don't pop a stitch doing your happy dance. None of this  :lolb: or this  :cartwheel: for a while.
Alan

Thanks Alan,

The strange thing is the Consultant and the Surgeon said I am allowed to do plenty of  :wine1: (the opposite of what my Doctor told me but they are the experts  ;) ) but due to a complication I needed to start taking Antibiotics  :( so I should cut back on the Dairy  :headscratch:

Dairy ..... Dairy  ... that means milk (Teas and coffees  :-\)...... and :o Cheese  :toilet_claw: I wonder about chocolate :noidea:

I've just run out of material to rough out crankshafts from so I might have to find something else easy to do in the workshop :thinking:

Jo
My wife's surgeon said that a big concern is blood sugar levels - especially true with a T-2 diabetic. He said that higher sugar levels encourage bacteria and so not only sugars need to be watched but also some carbohydrates since they metabolize into sugars. Milk of course has lactose. Many fruits have fructose. Honey is invert sugar - glucose and fructose. And of course here in the USA food manufacturers tend to add high-fructose corn syrup to everything that they don't add salt to.
Alan

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #182 on: October 25, 2017, 08:28:21 AM »
Doesn't time fly when you have been enjoying yourself recovering. Doc's just told me well done I can go back to work part time from next Monday  :) Which means I will be short of workshop time again :(

A bit of planning is needed: Surus wants to come in first day which is probably a better idea than leaving him alone in the house with all those castings :facepalm: I will have to look to re-join the work's escape committee  :naughty: I am sure my boss has missed my participation in that  :lolb: and there are lots of other things I can help with  :stir: they will be pleased to see the back of me again  >:D

So time to count down the days  :-\

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Stuart

• Tilchestune UK
« Reply #183 on: October 25, 2017, 09:07:59 AM »
o dear

well its good that you are getting better  :cartwheel:

but by ekk it will be a shock to the system when thou has to go back to  W**K Evan part time , you have my deepest commiserations on this development  :mischief:

best take in Surus with and and a small casting for him to fondle

73's and 88's

Stuart
My aim is for a accurate part with a good finish

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #184 on: October 25, 2017, 11:36:30 AM »
Yes it is good you are now fit enough to go back to work Jo, but I suspect difficult as well after being away so long and recovering. There is still that retirement out there though with as much shop time as you can stand. I have now decided on May 31 for that so yes indeed, the countdown of hays has begun. Hoping you continue to feel better and recover even more!!

BIll

Offline Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #185 on: October 25, 2017, 02:07:21 PM »
Jo,

Make sure you stick to the part time return, your boss may have different ideas but nursie will sort him out.

Mike
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #186 on: October 25, 2017, 02:26:57 PM »
Make sure you stick to the part time return, your boss may have different ideas but nursie will sort him out.

Nursie and I had a falling out last week  :-\  She (amongst other contradictory statements) suggested my surgeon was incompetent and that any Elephant extraction only needed a 3" incision not the 9" one I have. Clearly she missed her calling in life and should have been a world renown cancer surgeon (like my Surgeon) rather than just a lowly nurse....

Jo

simplyloco

« Reply #187 on: October 25, 2017, 08:43:25 PM »
I know that this will be interpreted as inflammatory as all nurses are by definition Angels, but Jo's post reminds me of the half dozen (at least) allegedly degree qualified nurses gathered around the nursing station at the Lincoln hospital ward discussing 'their' geriatric patients' ailments and needs throughout their shift. Meanwhile my beloved 90 year old aunt was left to waste away and die of starvation as none of them could be bothered to demean themselves by feeding her...

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #188 on: July 05, 2018, 06:31:12 AM »
12 months on and Surus is celebrating his first birthday: And the same as last year I found myself up at just after 4 this morning  :ShakeHead: This time to find him opening his present and using it as an excuse to drag me out to the workshop before 5 o'clock so that he could take them out to see the rest of the set of castings for "his" commander  :noidea:

As for the after effects of having him extracted the last Doc said about expect 2 years to get back to 100%  :facepalm:. I still have problems with distance driving and sitting for long periods but I am due to start another therapy on the 1st August and Occupational Health tell me that should make the world of difference to my recovery  ;)

Jo
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 07:15:58 AM by Jo »

Offline Stuart

• Tilchestune UK
« Reply #189 on: July 05, 2018, 07:05:44 AM »
By ekk Jo that’s a big un

That’s going to be a nice engine when done  :stir:

To be sensible now doesn’t time pass it only seems a short while ago we were receiving hospital reports about your progress

Well I am doing ok all healed up still a few twinges as the plumbing gets its self sorted

Anyway I hope the new treatment helps to get you back the 100%

88’s

Stuart
My aim is for a accurate part with a good finish

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #190 on: July 05, 2018, 07:26:06 AM »
Pleased to hear you are doing well as well Stuart  :)

To be sensible now.....

:lolb: I learnt a few things having that op one of which is to try to enjoy life a bit more and while my tales of the adventures of Surus may not be appreciated by one gentleman (who called himself a "Grumpy old git" and who am I not to agree with him  :LittleDevil: ) as I told him: Surus is here to stay until I no longer suffer with the after effects of him  ;)

Jo

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #191 on: July 05, 2018, 12:01:16 PM »
Great news Jo. I hardly seems a year, but can well imagine it does to you. Hopefully by another year out you can add not only 100% , but retirement as well.

Bill

Online Alyn Foundry

• North Wales, Great Britain.
« Reply #192 on: July 05, 2018, 06:27:05 PM »
Hi Jo.

Has he really left the room? Shut the door, just in case as this is for " your eyes only " !! :)

Cheers Graham.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal