Author Topic: The Elephant has left the room  (Read 33645 times)

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
Re: The Elephant has left the room
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2017, 11:16:52 PM »
Now that workbench, in the last photo, sure looks like it is a fun place to hang out!

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2017, 01:03:34 AM »
I like that last photo too.
Nice engine shop Jo!  :ThumbsUp:

Dave

Online fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #167 on: July 23, 2017, 06:57:50 AM »
Now that workbench, in the last photo, sure looks like it is a fun place to hang out!

That fun workbench in the middle has a similar size like my entire shop. Could be a reason to be jealous.
Kind Regards
Achim

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #168 on: July 23, 2017, 07:18:18 AM »
Visitors are always welcome: I have spare Jaffa Cakes just in case and if you are lucky you might be allowed to fondle the odd casting ;) but you probably won't get away without meeting Surus he is showing a lot of interest in everything I do and anyone who visits ::)

I believe a bit more swarf therapy will be needed today to help the recovery process :embarassed:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline scc

• Lancashire, UK
« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2017, 10:00:28 AM »
So pleased for you Jo.  Take it easy for a while...       Best Wishes           Terry

Offline kvom

« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2017, 01:37:59 PM »
Did they let you bring Surus home with you?  Would make an interesting display for visitors.   ;D

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2017, 02:33:09 PM »
Thanks Terry  :),

There are pictures of Surus earlier in the thread, part of him had to go for the genius testing and no one would want to see that  :ShakeHead:

Visitors will have to make do with the remainder that was allowed to come home with me  ;).

Jo

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2017, 12:28:23 PM »
:facepalm: Someone has been teaching Surus how to juggle Champagne corks :ShakeHead:

In the meantime four cranks have been roughed out. Nothing exciting to be worth a picture  :-\  just facing the ends, putting in the centres and the centre for the crankpin, and taking off the vast majority of the unwanted material. This last bit takes time but is ideal swarf therapy when you are not allowed to twist your tummy.

Jo

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2017, 12:39:06 PM »
Looks like Surus may have been sampling a bit of the Champagne as well Jo  :o  Glad you are finding a few things that you can do without breaking the doctors orders :)

Bill

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2017, 01:19:01 PM »
I've just had something delivered that I'm sure Sirus would like to fondle and maybe you too though it's not castings. Just after that the Rasta DPD driver dropped of a 1000mm length of silver steel, wonder what I can do with that :thinking:

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2017, 03:29:48 PM »
I've just had something delivered that I'm sure Sirus would like to fondle and maybe you too though it's not castings. Just after that the Rasta DPD driver dropped of a 1000mm length of silver steel, wonder what I can do with that :thinking:

I have a couple of metre lengths of Silver Steel under the bench with those castings  ;) And the plan is to cut our racks, once I am allowed to lift things again but some of us are having to pace our selves ::)

So far Surus has not been out to the workshop to check out the extended casting collection. I am sure if he got out there I would have to rename him Swarf-rus if he decided to make friends with my boys and did what most Elephants do and roll around in what I suspect he will consider the closest thing in the workshop to a mud hole  :facepalm: .

Jo
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 04:24:03 PM by Jo »

Offline Alan Haisley

• Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, USA
« Reply #176 on: July 29, 2017, 01:57:42 PM »
Jo,
I am so happy for you. I haven't been following much for the last month and a half. My wife had a successful double bypass and my time has been spent being her live-in nurse. She's doing well but needs to keep from overreaching or dealing with too much mass - much like you. Interesting thing about large wounds - they heal by their own clock, not by our wishes.
Don't pop a stitch doing your happy dance. None of this  :lolb: or this  :cartwheel: for a while.
Alan

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #177 on: July 29, 2017, 03:19:47 PM »
Don't pop a stitch doing your happy dance. None of this  :lolb: or this  :cartwheel: for a while.
Alan

Thanks Alan,

The strange thing is the Consultant and the Surgeon said I am allowed to do plenty of  :wine1: (the opposite of what my Doctor told me but they are the experts  ;) ) but due to a complication I needed to start taking Antibiotics  :( so I should cut back on the Dairy  :headscratch:

Dairy ..... Dairy  ... that means milk (Teas and coffees  :-\)...... and :o Cheese  :toilet_claw: I wonder about chocolate :noidea:

I've just run out of material to rough out crankshafts from so I might have to find something else easy to do in the workshop :thinking:

Jo

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #178 on: July 29, 2017, 09:02:22 PM »
Alan

Dairy ..... Dairy  ... that means milk (Teas and coffees  :-\ )...... and :o Cheese  :toilet_claw: I wonder about chocolate :noidea:
No milk chocolate, just good dark chocolate!

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
« Reply #179 on: July 29, 2017, 09:15:23 PM »
Alas, Jaffa Cakes contain buttermilk ....  :'(   

Just checked the box ...

Dave

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal