Author Topic: The Elephant has left the room  (Read 33591 times)

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
The Elephant has left the room
« on: July 04, 2017, 07:56:49 AM »
As some of you may have noticed over the recent weeks I have been mentioning my resident Elephant Surus :pinkelephant:   

Well I have finally had enough of his trampling all over everything I try to do, his bad manners stomping around whenever we go out in the car >:(, sometimes he even thinks he deserves attention when it is casting fondling night :ShakeHead: and don’t get me on the mess he made around the house last April :facepalm2:  it took me weeks to recover from that and as for his behaviour last Thursday when we went out together :facepalm:

I am assuming that this bad behaviour can only get worse so tomorrow we go to see a nice man who claims to be well qualified in elephant extraction. He promises there will be minimal risks involved however I will be leaving the castings and machine tools behind just in case. :paranoia:

Sadly this means that both Surus and I are going away for possibly a week with no internet access :disappointed: In the mean time I will have to trust everyone not to try sneaking any castings by me into their collections :hellno: and I look forward to reading all about your engine builds when I come back from the University Hospital.

I keep telling myself: things can only get better once he is out and everything gets back to how it should be, but based on recent experience. :noidea:

Jo

(and Surus :pinkelephant: )
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 12:20:19 PM by Jo »
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline pgp001

• West Yorkshire - UK
Re: The Elephant is to go
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 08:09:01 AM »
Good luck Jo

Eric mentioned to me about your impending hospital visit when I saw him at Pickering.
Allow around 10 to 12 weeks for a full recovery and back to normal based on my wifes experience of this.

Phil

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 09:24:02 AM »
Thanks Phil,

Yes I heard that Eric has been going round telling everyone. What is it with these old guys there seems to be some sort of competition to see who is (still) living with the worst medical condition.

Allow around 10 to 12 weeks for a full recovery and back to normal based on my wifes experience of this.

Surgeon reckons 90% in 6 weeks....and yes 3 months to 100%. 3 months :Doh:

Back to nesting  :paranoia:

Jo
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 09:30:46 AM by Jo »

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 09:39:31 AM »
I'm sure you could sneak a small casting or two to tuck under your pillow so you don't get withdrawl symptoms. Eric said you had packed a large case so I presumed you were taking a few castings with you ;)

Hope all goes well

J

Online sco

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 09:44:17 AM »
Best wishes Jo!

Simon.
Ars longa, vita brevis.

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 09:49:53 AM »
Thanks J and simon,

I'm sure you could sneak a small casting or two to tuck under your pillow so you don't get withdrawal symptoms. Eric said you had packed a large case so I presumed you were taking a few castings with you ;)

:disappointed: I might forget them and they said nothing valuable was allowed to go in with me. I have however started negotiation for my set of Scorpion castings and have been promised that mine is the next one  :whoohoo:

Jo

P.S. Recorder is set for the weekend ... no one is to tell me who was on pole or the result of the race  :hellno:

Online Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 09:53:43 AM »
What is it with these old guys there seems to be some sort of competition to see who is (still) living with the worst medical condition.

But none of the old guys have anything to compare with Surus.

Best wishes

Mike
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 10:08:39 AM »
Since Surus was a war elephant, the first few days could be a battle, but, I have no doubt that you will be the victor. I just wish we could pack old Zee up and send him over to help out around the house. Best wishes and speedy recovery

Big E

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 10:31:02 AM »
Thanks Mike and Big E  :),

But none of the old guys have anything to compare with Surus.

If they did I bet they would want to talk about it  :facepalm2: and show the battle scars to everyone who showed the slightest interest: You wait they will all want to see mine  :ShakeHead:

Zee would be very welcome. I saw they are trying to make me feel at home as I spotted curry on the hospital menu  :naughty: It looks to be liquid meals for a while  :wine1: but I am laying bets it is the wrong sort of liquid   :disappointed:

Jo

Offline MJM460

• Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 11:06:21 AM »
Best wishes for a successful procedure and speedy recovery, Jo.

Remember Ade is one admin short while you are away, so come back soon.  You guys do a great job.

MJM460
The more I learn, the more I find that I still have to learn!

Offline Mike Bondarczuk

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 11:12:35 AM »
Hi Jo,

Hope everything goes well for you and take your time in recovering and don't do anything too strenuous.

Am sure it will all be OK soon.

Mike

"Everything I can't find is in a totally secure place"

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 11:12:58 AM »
Thanks MJM,

Remember Ade is one admin short while you are away, so come back soon.  You guys do a great job.

I had to get the whips out these last few weeks to make sure at least one of the other Admins could drop in while I Skive off and become a layabout for a week or so :paranoia:

Jo

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2017, 11:16:42 AM »
Thanks Mike,

.......take your time in recovering and don't do anything too strenuous.

You may have noticed I am not good at doing nothing  :-\  except after a glass or two of wine :wine1:

Jo

Offline Stuart

• Tilchestune UK
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2017, 12:39:20 PM »
Linda and I will be thinking of you best of luck for a good outcome

88’s
Stuart
My aim is for a accurate part with a good finish

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2017, 12:45:36 PM »
All the best Jo for a speedy recovery. Things will be fine here and waiting for your return. No internet access huh? Maybe you best take a casting or two just for entertainment.  :-[

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal