Author Topic: Gday  (Read 2433 times)

Offline ClaytonFirth

• Brisbane, Australia
Gday
« on: June 27, 2017, 01:10:39 PM »
Hi all,
I just registered so thought I should introduce myself. I'm in South East Qld, Australia.
I don't currently have any machine tools, so i'm not going to be contributing any builds in the near future. However my eldest is finishing grade 12 at the end of the year so i'm going to start having some disposable income again. I'm looking forward to getting a small lathe and mill, building a furnace and start casting some engines.
I have a significant interest in steam engines, especially marine engines. I have long term plans to build several scale RC steam models.
For now i look forward to living vicariously through your builds, and enhancing my knowledge of how to go go about builds.
Clayton.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Gday
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 01:14:32 PM »
Hi Clayton and Welcome to MEM. There have been several great RC boat builds documented here on the forum and though I have no talents in that area, I can certainly admire and take inspiration from what others have done. Glad to have you on board and hope you will be able to begin your machining adventure soon.

Bill

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 01:18:09 PM »
 :hi: Clayton,

Feel free to ask questions - just remember there is no such thing as a dumb question, I am sure there are plenty of others who are thinking the same thing but not brave enough to ask.

I am sure we can help when it comes to buying your machines for your new shop  ;)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Ye-Ole Steam Dude

• Deep East Texas on Sam Rayburn Lake
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 02:00:41 PM »
G' day Clayton,

I am one on the newest forum members here but wanted to welcome you and hope you get some equipment soon. We share a common interest in Marine Steam Engines and Scale R/C boats.

Have a great day,
Thomas

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 03:30:46 PM »
Welcome to the Forum  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp:
Best regards

Roger

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 05:48:09 PM »
Hi Clayton, welcome to MEM.
Kind Regards
Achim

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 08:58:42 PM »
Hi Clayton, Welcome!
Kim

Offline vcutajar

• Marsascala, MALTA
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 09:11:09 PM »
Hi Clayton and welcome to the group.

Vince

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 09:39:45 PM »
Welcome aboard Clayton. Many of us started the same way: a desire and no machines. Then if the desire and interest is strong enough, the machines start coming, then the tooling, then more machines, then more tooling and so on. Great place here to admire and sort out the direction you would like to explore Thanks for joining in.

Cletus

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 03:53:51 AM »
Welcome to MEM (Model Engine Maker) Clayton. You'll find this to be a fun place to hang out.

Feel free to post some pictures of your shop in the "My Workspace" section. Even if it's empty right now. It'll be fun to watch it grow as you acquire your machines and tooling. It would also be a good platform to ask any questions you might have about setting up your shop.

Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Offline rudydubya

• Western Arkansas USA
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 06:56:25 AM »
Glad to meet you, Clayton.  Welcome to the group.

Regards,
Rudy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal