Author Topic: Fusion 360 drawing  (Read 1960 times)

Offline cfellows

• Rest In Peace
Fusion 360 drawing
« on: June 26, 2017, 04:56:16 PM »
Just created my first 2D drawing from a 3D model in Fusion 360.  I've done quite a bit of modeling but always resorted to Microsoft Visio for 2D drawings showing dimensions.  This morning I took the plunge and watched a video on making the drawings from a 3D design.  Pretty darn simple, sorry I hadn't tried it before.  This is just a screen capture of the PDF drawing that was created:

This, by the way, is the 3rd generation crank for my scroll saw...

Chuck
So many projects, so little time...

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
Re: Fusion 360 drawing
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 05:18:31 PM »
Hi Chuck, my download of Fusion 360 was beginning of April this year. After the first modeling I have tried immediately also the drawing funcrion.
Since this day my old DesignCAD2/3DMAX is untouched. I make a quick model in Fusion 360 and than the drawing and I like it.
Have you already tried the CAM ?
It is fantastic.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 05:33:08 PM »
Nice drawing - I started learning Fusion for my current build, love the drawings you get from it. The tutorials on their web site were very helpful. Lots of time on it, and am probably using about 2% of the capabilities of the whole package, but that is all I need.

Offline cfellows

• Rest In Peace
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 06:16:40 PM »
Haven't dove into the CAM, yet, but I want to at some point.  I've been using Cambam for several years and, while it has it's limitations, I am familiar with it.  Gotta get out of the comfort zone and try Fusion 360 CAM.  I think it would give me a lot more flexibility.

Chuck
So many projects, so little time...

Offline kvom

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 10:22:07 PM »
Since I'm normally starting with a drawing I haven't used the equivalent feature in SolidWorks.

Offline Dreeves

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 06:13:11 PM »
I started playing with it 3 months ago as well. I have been using autocad 2004 for years.  I watched several videos and just played around with it. I love that you can animate the parts as well. I still got a lot to learn but that is half the fun.

Dave

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 01:50:44 AM »
 I have wondered how these guys were producing those pdf drawings of their work. i started using Fusion about 2 months ago, and have a lot to learn.

Had to try it on one of my Fusion files. That's just pretty darn slick.

Thanks for the tip Chuck.
Gary
Windows 10 & 11, Alibre Design Pro V27, IntelliCADPro6, CamBam, Mach4, 3D Printers, Cetus, Anet ET5 X
15" South Bend, 10" Logan lathe, Grizzly square column mill, CNC router & Hot wire cutter. Lagun FTV-1 knee mill, Sherline mill & lathe

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal