Author Topic: Just registered  (Read 1564 times)

Offline bpudney

Just registered
« on: June 19, 2017, 03:39:19 AM »
Morning all,
I have just (re) registered.  After a computer meltdown, a bit of general chaos I had forgotten my login details.  So I re-registered.

My interests revolve around model aeroplanes, their engines and engineering generally.  The most recently finished projects were a couple of Sugden Specials and a couple of Nalon Vipers.  All 2.5cc compression ignition engines.  I've attached a couple of photos for your entertainment!!
cheers
Bill

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: Just registered
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 07:02:48 AM »
 :hi: Bill,

Nice pair of engines. If these are recent additions... there must be others  :embarassed:

Computers: you love them when they work but really hate them when they don't :killcomputer:.

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 10:40:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum (again) Bill. Happy you found your way back  :)

Bill

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 07:20:46 PM »
Welcome back Bill.

Two very nice engine you have made there  :praise2:

Any chance of a video of them running ?

I ask because I got the CI engine bug (and I blame Ron Cernich)  ::)

Offline bpudney

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 03:59:40 AM »
Thanks for the welcome back!!
Jo...The two Sugdens and the two Vipers were my first engines.  I actually started the Sugdens way before the Vipers, but during a hiatus getting the Sugden cranks hardened and ground, I got stuck into the Vipers.  They all got finished at about the same time!

The only one to have run so far is the Sugden in the picture, it seems to be a very nice motor.  The Viper has "burped" but there is a needle valve issue to be sorted.

The Photograher In Chief (PIC) has said that she will take a vid of them running.  When it's available it will be shown here.  Incidentally the Sugden turns an APC 9" x 4" prop at 10,500rpm, which is pretty good for a plain bearing motor!!
cheers
Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal