Author Topic: I can name this build in ( how many posts)  (Read 8472 times)

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
Re: I can name this build in ( how many posts)
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 06:15:34 PM »
Achim, no apologies needed. Yeah that's it. As George said in that article, there are others and he wanted to do his version. Let me tell you, after seeing and hearing it, it's the closest to my Harley I've heard.

Cletus

Offline mnay

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 07:42:48 PM »
Did he post the plans for that engine?  Neat design.
Mike

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 08:01:55 PM »
OK, so:
To finish the Snow engine first line on the to do list. ongoing
Pistons, cylinder, cylinder heads and valve train, for the Hoglet. next to do.
I fell in love with the 1906 Bruce Mac Beth engine of Doug Kelley, all plans are on my desk, ready to get adapted to an European Version.
A  German set of castiing for a single cylinder hit and miss engine are under my bench since 4 or 5 years.
A simple V8 with 100 ccm in  Fusion 360 CAD redrawn as a CAD learning project. ongoing and also something to build.
And now the pictures of this beautifull V-Twin engine !
You guys there, at the other side of the world are trying to make me crazy...............
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 03:33:40 PM by fumopuc »
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline 90LX_Notch

• North Eastern Pennsylvania USA
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 08:37:25 PM »
Looking forward to the build Eric.

-Bob
Proud Member of MEM

My Engine Videos on YouTube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Notch90usa/videos

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 10:58:20 PM »
I've laid in more  :popcorn:

But...if (I mean when) I run out...it's on you to replenish.  ;D

P.S. There's only one kind I buy...and it's not that micro-wave-able stuff.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 11:13:12 PM »
I've laid in more  :popcorn:

But...if (I mean when) I run out...it's on you to replenish.  ;D

P.S. There's only one kind I buy...and it's not that micro-wave-able stuff.

I buy the white popcorn, hull-less so the husks don't get stuck in my teeth, by the 5 pound bag. Just checked, got enough left for a while.

Build away!   :popcorn:

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 12:28:45 AM »
I am looking forward to the build too Eric. I know you are up to it, just take your time and go slow. Its a great looking engine too. And BTW, have we seen your Harley??

Bill

Offline Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 01:16:01 AM »
Looking forward to seeing some more chips being made in the Spring Bucket shop.
How's that pant job coming by the way?  :lolb:

The more projects I start the less I get finished, so at this time I'm not starting anything else until a couple of the important ones are completed.

Dave

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 01:26:21 AM »
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. Congratulations goes out to Bob (AKA 90LXNotch) : let's give him a big round of applause. Bob, if you PM me your shipping address, I'll get your prize sent out to you (please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery) . I'm also going to include two blank Powerball lottery slips. Please fill them out and return  :lolb: :lolb:. Yep, it's George's V-twin. As stated in my opening post, way out of my league, but, gives me something to aspire to. The internals are within my reach and are an excellent exercise in producing usable parts from drawings and to spec. On the other hand, when it comes to the cases,  the awesome metal sculpting that George does on manual machines and with hand tools , well, that's where I'll fill the pickup bed with scrapped  parts. Luckily, a customer of mine has a source to a shop that does a lot of custom automotive aluminum  billet work and he's getting me some drops and cutoffs. Scrap to scrap :lolb:. Y'all visit when you can and at the least I'll try to keep you laughing  :cheers:

Cletus
      I was going to guess   SWARF   but the postage  would be rather a lot to Norwich (england) so i let somebody else guess !!

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 07:57:31 PM »
Chris, you may want to see if it comes in 100# bags for this build. Otto, there's one in every crowd ain't it :lolb:. The painting is coming along painfully slow  :facepalm:. Professor, I am in not one bit of a hurry. I guess it's part of growing older, but, I try and not rush anything anymore, and I mean nothing  :mischief:.
Harley pics: maybe not; here you go:

Which one?

URL=http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/tennesseewhiskey1/media/E563A856-D33A-4220-8465-CDB2A4CE39BF_zpsmjni73we.jpg.html][/URL]

Here's my favorite

Decided to just order a bar of aluminum what for cutting the cases from

Mike, George has the plans for sale and very reasonably priced. Fumopuc, at least we got something to keep us busy  :lolb:. Zee, I'm betting you finish a build before I finish this one  :stir: 8). Willie, whilst not guessing the exact engine, you are probably closer to the truth than the lot  :lolb: :lolb:. Y'all stay tuned

Cletus

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2017, 08:10:29 PM »
Three Harleys eh?  Let's see now....one for you, one for Lou, and that red one must be DOG's.  You sure that's gonna be enough aluminum there Rev??   :lolb:

Bill

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 01:35:10 AM »
Three Harleys eh?

I see at least four. You might argue that some are a picture...but then...what else am I looking at?  :lolb:

As for Eric's recent delivery of metal supply...I'd like to see the saw he's going to use on it.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2017, 11:20:21 AM »
Bill, one is for bar to bar, one is for long trips, and the red one was acquired due to a useless tragedy in Lou's family. And, that may not be enough  ali by the time I get the cases done. Zee, it's just like eating an elephant; one bite at a time :lolb:. Actually, that bar is headed to a plant just north of here. I was a pipe welder on the original construction of the plant. After that bar is prepped for the roll presses, it can be taken all the way down to aluminum foil. Now, does anybody know why there is one matte and one shiny side on foil? Maybe more actual build this weekend and yes Dave, I'll also be working on the paint job :cussing: :lolb:. Y'all come back now you hear.

Cletus

Offline Perry

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2017, 11:28:12 AM »
Chris, you may want to see if it comes in 100# bags for this build. Otto, there's one in every crowd ain't it :lolb:. The painting is coming along painfully slow  :facepalm:. Professor, I am in not one bit of a hurry. I guess it's part of growing older, but, I try and not rush anything anymore, and I mean nothing  :mischief:.
Harley pics: maybe not; here you go:

Which one?

URL=http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/tennesseewhiskey1/media/E563A856-D33A-4220-8465-CDB2A4CE39BF_zpsmjni73we.jpg.html][/URL]

Here's my favorite

Decided to just order a bar of aluminum what for cutting the cases from

Mike, George has the plans for sale and very reasonably priced. Fumopuc, at least we got something to keep us busy  :lolb:. Zee, I'm betting you finish a build before I finish this one  :stir: 8). Willie, whilst not guessing the exact engine, you are probably closer to the truth than the lot  :lolb: :lolb:. Y'all stay tuned

Cletus

FLSTS  :ThumbsUp:

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2017, 11:50:51 AM »
Something to do with heat transfer I am guessing. Like baking a caserole with foil over it,  the matte side out to absorb more heat and the shiny side in to reflect that heat back into the food??

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal