Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1900 times)

Offline bent

• Wet side of Washington State, USA
Hello
« on: May 31, 2017, 01:57:55 AM »
Engineer (Aero by schooling, mostly machine designer/engineer by employment) that recently got interested in model steam engines.  Bought and built the PM Research #3 engine about a month or so ago, and worked on it when I had time (and it was a good excuse to finally buy a 4-jaw chuck for my mini-lathe).  What a thrill to get it assembled and turning over on lung power alone.  Will post a video when I get the chance.  Now looking to branch out with some of Elmer's engines, though I'm thinking of modifying some of his designs already.  Lotta cool stuff on this site too, so I reserve the right to change my mind a few more times!  Oh, and convince the wife I need a mini-mill...

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 02:03:35 AM »
Welcome to MEM Bent. Glad to have you join the fun here. Feel free to jump right in whenever and wherever you want, it a friendly bunch of folks here.

Bill

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 02:57:26 AM »
Engineer (Aero by schooling, mostly machine designer/engineer by employment) that recently got interested in model steam engines.  Bought and built the PM Research #3 engine about a month or so ago, and worked on it when I had time (and it was a good excuse to finally buy a 4-jaw chuck for my mini-lathe).  What a thrill to get it assembled and turning over on lung power alone.  Will post a video when I get the chance.  Now looking to branch out with some of Elmer's engines, though I'm thinking of modifying some of his designs already.  Lotta cool stuff on this site too, so I reserve the right to change my mind a few more times!  Oh, and convince the wife I need a mini-mill...

Welcome Bent. I'll be looking forward to your video. Also pictures..........we love pictures!

Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Offline vcutajar

• Marsascala, MALTA
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 04:56:22 AM »
Hi Bent and welcome to the group.

Vince

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 06:36:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
Kim

Offline Jim K 324

• Morgan Ciy, La. ( On the Atchafalaya River)
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 02:22:47 PM »

:hi:        Welcome to the forum Bent !

Jim
It's not what you make,It's how you make it that
matters !!

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 03:24:25 PM »
Welocome to the forum Bent!

:hi: