Author Topic: Portass lathe  (Read 2634 times)

Offline andy jb

Portass lathe
« on: May 23, 2017, 10:26:38 AM »
Hi as i can't find a full set of change gears for my little Portas i am fitting a 12 volt wiper motor to the lead screw what i need to know is what power supply i will need if some one on the forum can give me some advice that would be great thanks Andy  :help: :help: :old:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:30:06 AM by andy jb »

Offline mikemill

Re: Portass lathe
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 11:53:24 AM »
Andy
If you look on ebay there are 12Vdc power supplies plus speed control packages available, as I did for my Perris here.

Mike

Offline andy jb

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 03:11:45 PM »
Hi Mike thanks for your reply what a wonderful lathe you have i thought my little Portas was pretty  but yours look magnificent what make of quick change tool post have you fitted ?.
As for 12 volt power supply's i have looked on ebay but i know nothing about electronics and they have all sort's from 3 pin plug in jobs to charge  a phone to things that look as if they would run a space ship i volunteer at  local steam museum  (Bressingham in Norfolk ) so have some understanding of how a steam works but when it comes to electric i am lost.
Have order a new wiper motor from ebay should be here next week from  VW Corrado will fit it to the lead screw with some sort of a bracket.
                                                                         Regards Andy   :cheers:

Offline mikemill

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 05:15:18 PM »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 05:28:10 PM by mikemill »

Offline andy jb

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 06:41:11 PM »
A big thank you have sent you a message.......Andy   :cheers: :cartwheel:

Offline kingchristo

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 07:35:19 PM »
Hi did you manage to get this working I want to do it on my portass lathe as it's missing gears. What make/ model car was the wiper motor from. And do you have any pics

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal