Author Topic: Good-bye  (Read 4016 times)

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
Re: Good-bye
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 10:25:00 PM »
I will not say good-bye. I will say instead, 'au revoir'.

Many decisions are made and then changed due to whatever circumstances occur and then changed again since circumstances always change.
Take care.

Do not question yourself. Listen to your self.

Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline PStechPaul

• Cockeysville, MD 21030
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 03:27:18 AM »
Sorry to hear you are leaving, but hopefully it may be just a temporary respite or change of emphasis in your life. I have not been very active here and I sometimes feel bad about having started many projects only to get bored or distracted halfway through and then on to other things of interest or higher priority. I enjoy the social nature of this forum and its members, especially after having met some in person at Cabin Fever, and I do enjoy providing advice on things I know, particularly electronics. I'm finally well on my way to orthopedic "normalcy" after having hip replacement, two spine surgeries, and the latest knee replacement 2 months ago, so now my goal is to spend more time outdoors enjoying nature and physical activity, probably soon including another dog. So I hope you will stop by once in a while even to just tell about unrelated things of interest and enjoyment. Whatever you do, please take care of your health, physical, mental, and emotional, whatever it takes.

PS: I think the elections triggered a gall bladder attack that required surgery to remove it at the end of the year. I've felt disheartened and frustrated since then, but I have accepted it and I think the pendulum has started a swing in the "correct" direction. Meanwhile I accept each day as a gift (after all, it is the "present")!

Offline Maryak

• Rest In Peace
  • Aldinga Beach South Australia
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 12:37:22 AM »
I left without saying good-bye.  It is clear to me now that my near obsession with my shop and the engine design/build/post process may have been a symptom of an approaching fit of depression.  I left my shop one evening and did not return until a few days ago.  It did not bother me at all.  It was a positive step.  I had come to fear that, even though I am in good health, I would die before being able to complete the current project and that would somehow be an earth shaking tragedy. I won't be going back to working there.

Even though the forum does not like political discussion or points of view, I will say that the events of the last several months played a major role in pushing me into a very dark mood, mostly one of disappointment.

I have got a hold of it now, and can really enjoy a long walk with my dogs.  I can sit under a tree and watch them run.  I can talk to them for an hour or so and slowly come to their point of view.  The world is a big place and we occupy such a small part of it that our individual actions or failure to act makes so little impact that we should not waste time looking back.  Today is enough to deal with.

Our actions as a group can change the course of history but that begins to sound political but that's where I am now.

Goodbye or should that be Au Revoir, До Свидания? I wish you everything for your future that you wish for yourself. It has been an honour to make your acquaintance.

Thank you!
Bob
Если вы у Тетушки были яйца, она была бы Дядюшкой

Offline Ian S C

• Stirling Engine Maker Darfield Canterbury N Z
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2017, 01:26:33 PM »
We have a saying here when saying goodbye even if you will never see or be in touch ever again, "see ya round mate".
Ian S C

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2017, 08:02:44 PM »
Jerry like everyone else here we will miss you contributions to the forum and great reading. I guess there comes a point in all our lives were we meet a crossroad and have to make a decision. I haven't been to active as of late either and will not go into details but I will be back soon it just a matter of time. I wish you the best and we all know how the world is in turmoil these days, and can be very depressing but we do go on. Good luck in what ever your choice is and be happy!

:drinking-41:
Don

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal