Author Topic: Have you heard this one?  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
Have you heard this one?
« on: May 05, 2017, 11:41:44 PM »
It's Friday night and I thought y'all might like a funny with your favorite adult beverage.

On a beautiful Sunday afternoon in the midst of the French Revolution the revolting citizens led a priest, a drunkard and an engineer to the guillotine. They ask the priest if he wants to face up or down when he meets his fate. The priest says he would like to face up so he will be looking towards heaven when he dies. They raise the blade of the guillotine and release it. It comes speeding down and suddenly stops just inches from his neck. The authorities take this as divine intervention and release the priest.

The drunkard comes to the guillotine next. He also decides to die face up, hoping that he will be as fortunate as the priest. They raise the blade of the guillotine and release it. It comes speeding down and suddenly stops just inches from his neck. Again, the authorities take this as a sign of divine intervention, and they release the drunkard as well.

Next is the engineer. He, too, decides to die facing up. As they slowly raise the blade of the guillotine, the engineer suddenly says, "Hey, I see what your problem is ..."

Enjoy,
Cletus

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
Re: Have you heard this one?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 03:01:39 AM »
It's Friday night and I thought y'all might like a funny with your favorite adult beverage.

On a beautiful Sunday afternoon in the midst of the French Revolution the revolting citizens led a priest, a drunkard and an engineer to the guillotine. They ask the priest if he wants to face up or down when he meets his fate. The priest says he would like to face up so he will be looking towards heaven when he dies. They raise the blade of the guillotine and release it. It comes speeding down and suddenly stops just inches from his neck. The authorities take this as divine intervention and release the priest.

The drunkard comes to the guillotine next. He also decides to die face up, hoping that he will be as fortunate as the priest. They raise the blade of the guillotine and release it. It comes speeding down and suddenly stops just inches from his neck. Again, the authorities take this as a sign of divine intervention, and they release the drunkard as well.

Next is the engineer. He, too, decides to die facing up. As they slowly raise the blade of the guillotine, the engineer suddenly says, "Hey, I see what your problem is ..."

Enjoy,
Cletus

:lolb: :lolb: :cheers:

Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 11:51:51 AM »
 :ROFL:
Best,
Stan

Offline tvoght

• Indiana
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 01:08:48 PM »
Heard it. But how about this one?

A mechanical engineer, an electrical engineer, and a Tennesseean were discussing what was the most remarkable technical achievement of all time.

"It was the steam engine". said the ME. "James Watt's invention ushered in the Industrial Revolution and stands as the groundwork for every important achievement since".

"I would say the personal computer". said the EE. "Who would have thought even 40 years ago that today nearly everyone would have the computing power of the world on his desktop?".

"Naw", the Tennesseean offered, "The greatest invention of all was the thermos bottle".

The EE raised an eyebrow, and the ME seemed almost enraged. "The thermos bottle!? How can you say that? All a thermos bottle does is keep HOT things HOT and COLD things COLD!"

"Well yeah", said the Tennesseean, "but how do it know?"

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 01:18:12 PM »
I have tried to figure it out myself. But knowing that sooner or later whatever made it work would break,  so I bought two and labeled them "hot & cold"   :lolb:

Cletus

Offline scc

• Lancashire, UK
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 01:25:09 PM »
Boom boom!       Both made me smile :Lol:    Thank you gentlemen

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 01:55:53 PM »
Heard it. But how about this one?

A mechanical engineer, an electrical engineer, and a Tennesseean were discussing what was the most remarkable technical achievement of all time.

"It was the steam engine". said the ME. "James Watt's invention ushered in the Industrial Revolution and stands as the groundwork for every important achievement since".

"I would say the personal computer". said the EE. "Who would have thought even 40 years ago that today nearly everyone would have the computing power of the world on his desktop?".

"Naw", the Tennesseean offered, "The greatest invention of all was the thermos bottle".

The EE raised an eyebrow, and the ME seemed almost enraged. "The thermos bottle!? How can you say that? All a thermos bottle does is keep HOT things HOT and COLD things COLD!"

"Well yeah", said the Tennesseean, "but how do it know?"

:lolb:
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline Lew Hartswick

• Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 02:32:27 PM »
I think the REPLY to the "thermos"  one was the funniest of all.  The Engineer one is so old it had long white whiskers. :-)
   ...lew...

Offline Walsheng

• Norfolk, MA
    • Walsh Engineering
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 03:31:51 PM »
A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers. The engineer fumed, "What's with those guys? We must have been waiting for fifteen minutes!"
The doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such inept golf!"
The priest said, "Here comes the green-keeper. Let's have a word with him."
He said, "Hello George, what's wrong with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?"
The green-keeper replied, "Oh, yes. That's a group of blind firemen. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime."
The group fell silent for a moment.
The priest said, "That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight."
The doctor said, "Good idea. I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if there's anything he can do for them."
The engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?

John

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 05:32:28 PM »
 :lolb: :lolb:

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • SOFTWARE FOR PEOPLE WHO BUILD THINGS!
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2017, 06:05:33 PM »
Well, since you guys seem to like jokes that were old when the gods were boys, here's one that I think summarizes a lot of the work experiences I had...

A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced altitude and spotted a man below. He descended a bit more and shouted,

"Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man below replied, "You are in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You are between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be an engineer," said the balloonist.

"I am," replied the man, "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I am still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help so far."

The man below responded, "You must be a manager."

"I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did you know."

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is, you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."
Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Offline 90LX_Notch

• North Eastern Pennsylvania USA
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 06:45:55 PM »
I got a good laugh out of that one Marv.

-Bob
Proud Member of MEM

My Engine Videos on YouTube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Notch90usa/videos

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2017, 07:16:18 PM »
What is the difference between mechanical engineers and civil engineers?
Mechanical engineers build weapons and civil engineers build targets. 
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline 10KPete

• Nordland, WA, USA
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2017, 08:14:45 PM »
In the Navy we had submarines and targets....

Pete
Craftsman, Tinkerer, Curious Person.
Retired, finally!
SB 10K lathe, Benchmaster mill. And stuff.

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2017, 08:33:59 PM »
If it flies it dies, if it sinks they have already done half the job for you  :naughty:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal