Author Topic: Inverted Center For Making Valves  (Read 1331 times)

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
Inverted Center For Making Valves
« on: May 01, 2017, 03:11:49 PM »
Hi everybody,
I am still playing around with Fusion 360.
In the last MEB Magazin (#37) I have found this nice tool from Dwight Giles and Mike Remus. Gentlemen, thanks for the drawings.
The drawings are imperial but small European bearings are not, so a good exercise to redraw everything in Fusion 360.
The MT2 shaft with soft end was available at a German tool shop, the bearings at a RC model shop.
First picture shows my slightly modified design in Fusion 360.
The secret for the function of this nice tool seems to be hidden in a proper running shaft, so it was made in one setup between two centres.
In the meantime I am also a bit familiar with making drawings in Fusion 360.
Next challenge was to try the CAM module. Last week I have spent every evening 1 or 2 hours in watching some tutorials, so it was time to give it an attempt.
First to do, to feed the toolbox.
Running the simulation of the tool path was a big help, because it has shown by read flashing of the tool, that the drill was not long enough and the ER20 nut would have a collision with my already fitted nose of the shaft.
A ring was made to increase the soft diameter of the MT2 shaft, Loctite 648 will keep it together.
A first attempt to adjust everything, but unfortunately the parcel with the extra ordered M 3,5 fasteners is lost between Berlin and Munich, may be taking the long way over Japan.
To be honest, I am very happy with this CAD/CAM solution, a huge tool and knowing may be 2% only, is a start only.

Kind Regards
Achim

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
Re: Inverted Center For Making Valves
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 03:20:15 PM »
... may be worth to show the very last version of the modified design.

Kind Regards
Achim

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal