Author Topic: Stirling Air Engine Rally Sunday 23/4 at Kew Bridge Museum of Water & Steam  (Read 4743 times)

Offline Chipmaster

Sunday 23rd April.
11.00 to 16.00
Kew Bridge - London Museum of Water & Steam

Stirling Air Engine Rally
The Museum will be hosting the annual Stirling Engine Club Rally. They expect over 80 working Stirling and hot air engines.

I'll be there with my Rider Ericsson and Heinrici models plus my Chuk flame gulper.

Say hello if you visit.

Andy

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Tempting, tempting, so so tempting it is always a good day out .... But I am grounded  :wallbang:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Expecting a casting delivery Jo ??  :LittleDevil:

Bill

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Expecting a casting delivery Jo ??  :LittleDevil:

Bill

If only   :embarassed:

There is the potential for problems with my baby Elephant "Surus" Bill... Doc says until he's out best I don't go too far from the house in case he decides to make his presence known again  :disappointed:

Jo

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
A lot less fun that waiting on castings for sure. I hope all goes well though Jo and that the "grounding" will be short lived!!

Bill

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
It is tempting, particularly as I will be up in London on Sunday morning though don't think I will be able to make it.

I would have liked to have had a look at your Chuk, quite like that and think it could be done without castings fairly easily, your post of the second one the other day got me looking at it again.

J

Offline Chipmaster

Unfortunately few members of the public visited the museum during the rally yesterday, the atmosphere was gloomy. I expect some potential visitors were put off by the normal route to the museum being closed for road works, the diversion to get there was nearly two miles. However, the exhibitors put on a good display and most of their engines were running. Jason & Jo - you didn't miss much!
Andy

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Thanks Andy, If you have any photos, we like photos  :)

From what I have just been told it looks like I will not be going to many shows this year  :toilet_claw:

Jo

Offline Chipmaster

Hello Jo,
I didn't take any photos, enough said.
Now, why won't you be going to many shows this year?
Andy

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Now, why won't you be going to many shows this year?
Andy

Because I am waiting to have a major operation and as a result of the consultancy this morning it is going to be more major than we first hoped  :toilet_claw:

The only good news the surgeon gave me was that I have been recommended to drink more  red wine   :wine1: 

Jo

Offline Vixen

• Hampshire UK
Hello Jo

I do not like the sound of that. I am so sorry to hear it.

Remember when we were young, when we thought we were indestructible.

Mike
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
I do not like the sound of that.

Being told I must drink more red wine  :facepalm: its a hard life but we must do what we are told by our doctors  :wine1:  :wine1:

Jo

Offline mike mott

• Alberta Canada
Having just survived emergency Appendectomy for a perforated appendix not major so fortunate, you have my empathy for upcoming surgery, and that you have the outcome you expect. Now the wine thing is a different matter entirely, I would use it a as pickling solution.... but that is just me.

Mike
If you can imagine it you can build it

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
Hi Jo

Aw, not so good ...  :'(   Look after yourself and get back to good health soon.

'Fraid I would regard the wine bit as a punishment ...  I was optimised to run on cheap (-ish ) wallop ....  :DrinkPint:

( Just cleaned even MORE  byrde shytte off the car ....  :cussing:  Why mine ???? )

Dave

PS Mike Vixen: Surely we were indestructible in our youth  .. otherwise we wouldn't be here  :thinking:  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:25:48 PM by Bluechip »

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
You know what they say Dave bad news comes in threes.....   :(

Three hours trying to unblock my loo  :toilet_claw:. Now I have a blocked loo, bath and shower  :censored:

Someone has got it in for me today  :cussing:

Jo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal