Author Topic: Hall effect  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Doc

• USA ND
Hall effect
« on: April 19, 2017, 06:47:41 PM »
  Has anyone experienced a hall sensor that works intermittently? I had the coil wire came off one of the engines and didn't notice it and now it is acting strange. I took the distributor out and then it worked put it back now it doesn't. I checked the connectors thinking one was bad but did not find anything. I've had it out about 6 times with the same results every time. I'm about to solder up a new hall and lead wire and see if that is it. It's like the hall hangs up and stops working then when I remove it it starts working again. Hmmmmm I'm confused.
Anyone run into this?

Offline stevehuckss396

• Sterling Heights, MI USA
    • Steve's Miniature Sparkplugs
Re: Hall effect
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 07:06:19 PM »
Sorry doc but never had that happen. I did have trouble with a lazy sensor. The engine would start and idle but would not rev up. Changed the sensor and boom, like new.
Do not be like the cat who wanted a fish but was afraid to get his paws wet.

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 07:15:37 PM »
Doc there are Hall sensors that are latching type. Make sure it is not by looking at the spec sheet.

Don

Offline Doc

• USA ND
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 09:35:28 PM »

Thanks guys for the reply.
No it is not a latching but did act strange I changed and soldered up a new one it now works but I think I have one  of Steve's lazy sensor haha idles but cant rev just dies. When I had that trouble before I just moved the brass strip in distributor a few degrees and it straightened out. No such luck this time I've moved it t both sides of #1 and still will run but not rev. I may swap it out again. I had ordered a dozen from I believe Dig-key maybe I have a bad as Steve says lazy one. I'll let you know. Too bad I screw this one up it ran so nice no hesitation when I revved it up and idled so nice. That's what I get for not paying attention!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal