I made 3 cutter blanks with another 4 in the wings. That should be enough for a while....
I centered the drill rod in 4 jaw, getting good at this with all the recent practice. Drilled and bored out to just under .5, then used a .500 reamer to finish the hole.
A cutoff operation, supported by dead centre (yes a live centre is on the -to-buy-real-soon list). Then onto the mandrel for facing both sides and trimming to .250 width.
With the blanks made I decided to see if the device actually would relieve cutter teeth. To my relief it will relieve!
There are 2 more tools to make, a holder for drilling the 12 holes (might do this in the mill with dividing head) and a jig to assist in cutting the teeth gashes (might do that in the mill with slitting saw and dividing head as well). And of course whatever form tools to make the actual tooth shape.
There will be another intermission as yard work is kicking in, have to sand and treat 4 new Muskoka chairs. And have to work on our pond. Plus this coming weekend we (wife ands I both) will be at NAMES.