Author Topic: Models of very early locomotives  (Read 2367 times)

Offline paul gough

• Tropical Queensland, Australia
Models of very early locomotives
« on: March 21, 2017, 04:38:46 AM »
Hi all, Thought there might be a few interested in seeing some live steam models of the earliest locomotives. Despite having wheels all but Adler perhaps should appeal to stationary and beam engine fans. Hartmuth Ludwig, who lives in Lauterberg, Germany, is a master at these ancient machines and also sells plans of these engines scaled for 5 inch gauge. Take a look at the dozen or so videos by searching his name on Youtube if you are interested. I purchased the Adler Plans a few years ago and found them well done. Below his latest model. Regards Paul Gough
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:42:38 AM by paul gough »

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
Re: Models of very early locomotives
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 08:28:14 AM »
Hi Paul,
 Just went & checked his YouTube vids, yee gods talk about thrashing metal! When he wound it up to I guess must by full speed it's down right scary......real cutting edge engineering if it's day! Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

Offline paul gough

• Tropical Queensland, Australia
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 06:40:15 PM »
Yes, it is often the case that the operators of beam engines run them at ludicrous rates, they aren't aware that 10-15 rpm is appropriate for the big ones and about twenty for Hedley's 'Puffing Billy'. However Hartmuth might have been 'showing off' how well they run?? Paul Gough,

Offline Perry

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 09:36:18 PM »
Hello Paul, thanks for sharing this, 2 years ago I've seen this gentleman, his machines and beautiful blueprints at Echtdampfhallentreffen. A true masterwork indeed.

Regards Perry

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal