Author Topic: Gardening  (Read 100116 times)

Offline Vixen

• Hampshire UK
Re: Gardening
« Reply #570 on: June 15, 2021, 09:12:27 PM »
I've been busy in the garden as well.

I've replaced most of the fencing around the garden and erected a new 8 x 7 shed outside the workshop (garage). As you can see I was constrained on three sides, so the shed had to be made to measure and erected entirely from the inside. I painted all the panels while they were flat on the ground; so much easier than when they are vertical. At least the paint does not run down your arms.  :shrug:

Hopefully the new shed will soon be filled with some of the clutter from the workshop

Mike
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #571 on: June 15, 2021, 09:37:56 PM »
That is a great idea!  Move the storage OUT of the workshop to make more room for tools! :)

Kim

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #572 on: June 15, 2021, 10:25:38 PM »
I've been busy in the garden as well.

I've replaced most of the fencing around the garden and erected a new 8 x 7 shed outside the workshop (garage). As you can see I was constrained on three sides, so the shed had to be made to measure and erected entirely from the inside. I painted all the panels while they were flat on the ground; so much easier than when they are vertical. At least the paint does not run down your arms.  :shrug:

Hopefully the new shed will soon be filled with some of the clutter from the workshop

Mike
Don't let the shop elves hear you call them 'clutter' !!!   :Lol:

Very nice shed!

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #573 on: June 15, 2021, 10:28:31 PM »
Nice work both of you  :ThumbsUp:

I really like the figure (head ?) above the door Mike.

:cheers:

Per

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #574 on: June 16, 2021, 07:04:57 AM »
Nice shed Mike  :)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Laurentic

• Nr Yeovil, Somerset, England
« Reply #575 on: June 16, 2021, 02:37:24 PM »
A combination of a very cold May - my unheated greenhouse had continuous night time temps of 0 +/-1 max all through - and utterly rubbish compost meant that whilst I got stuff to germinate in April in the heated propagator - tomatoes, courgettes, cucumbers, chillies, beans, flowers amongst them, once potted on they just sat there in the greenhouse sulking, refusing to grow and just moaning about the rubbish weather and the compost they were in, and turning pale (cucumbers/courgettes esp) - the toms turned a sort of blue, and lead me to in indignity of having to buy tomato plants in.  Most stuff only now getting away, about 6 weeks late.  I could loose all patience..... :hammerbash:

Chris

PS - like your shed Mike and esp the way the windows are protected by the so-called 'wrought iron' fencing, good security move that!

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #576 on: June 17, 2021, 12:09:41 AM »
A frog sitting sentinel in my allotment pond ..I don't know how he got there though ??
...and some Heritage Seed Library items    Victorian Purple podded ..peas...and it has started to rain in Norridge !!

Willy

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #577 on: June 17, 2021, 12:15:44 AM »
A frog sitting sentinel in my allotment pond ..I don't know how he got there though ??
...and some Heritage Seed Library items    Victorian Purple podded ..peas...and it has started to rain in Norridge !!

Willy
Thats not a normal frog, thats a rare amphibious shop elf, there to help on your turbine build!!

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #578 on: June 17, 2021, 02:29:03 AM »
Hi Chris , yes of course ...he/she/it is often there ?  and quite tame ... perhaps  he/she/it needs a name ??...any ideas??

Willy

Online crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #579 on: June 17, 2021, 02:31:58 AM »
Hi Chris , yes of course ...he/she/it is often there ?  and quite tame ... perhaps  he/she/it needs a name ??...any ideas??

Willy
Give him/her a beer and name it Hoppy!   :lolb:

Offline Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #580 on: July 06, 2021, 05:15:06 PM »
Been busy in the garden again.

Last month, you may recall, I finished my new storage shed, my new man cave.

Since then I have been busy building again. This time, a small corner summer house for the good lady. Her own 'girly cave', somewhere where to sit and relax and quietly do some needlework in the fresh air.

First an old rotten shed had to be demolished and removed to make way for the foundations for the new summer house in the sunny corner of the garden.

Then all hands to the pump to hold the panels upright to assemble the first corner. After that the walls were self supporting

All five five wall panels in place and the doors offered up for a trial fit. The roof will be next.

All finished, roofed, painted and glassed. It took a lot longer to do than I had anticipated.

But it was all worth the effort looking at Sonia's smile. I may have earned a few extra brownie points.

Next some time in the workshop........ with luck

Mike

Offline propforward

• MN, USA
« Reply #581 on: July 06, 2021, 05:17:49 PM »
Jeez Mike, you do not do anything by halves. That's a heck of a nice construction.
Stuart

Forging ahead regardless.

Offline AVTUR

• West of England
« Reply #582 on: July 06, 2021, 05:40:05 PM »
Mike

I trust you have not blocked the hedgehog hole in the fence.

AVTUR
There is no such thing as a stupid question.

Offline Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #583 on: July 06, 2021, 06:18:36 PM »
Mike

I trust you have not blocked the hedgehog hole in the fence.

AVTUR

Ha ha, the hedgehogs still have an unobstructed 18 inch wide race track all round the back and sides.

Mike
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 06:49:05 PM by Vixen »

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #584 on: July 06, 2021, 07:36:18 PM »
Excellent  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp:  :wine1:
Best regards

Roger