Author Topic: Gardening  (Read 100616 times)

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: Gardening
« Reply #285 on: May 04, 2018, 02:25:45 PM »

That looks a better design... Are you sure you don't need a replacement Dave  ::)

Jo

Nope, I don't need a replacement. As I no longer have any use for the one I have I was going to offer it to you the last time I came down but Tojo-2 was stuffed full so it stayed here.   :headscratch:   It is in the way

Yours if you want it   :ThumbsUp:

Yes please  :whoohoo:

One mound down  :ThumbsUp: two to go.... weather is awful down here just had to have a choc ice   :facepalm:

I still have not had any of the neighbours come round to find out what I am up to  ::)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Stuart

• Tilchestune UK
« Reply #286 on: May 04, 2018, 02:37:56 PM »
You lucky Young girl  :pinkelephant:

Just had the fence company here I had identified the internet cable for them , guess what first shovel clang steel pipe  :facepalm2: it’s not the current gas it’s mellow yellow plastic,not the watta

Must be the old town gas supply not connected as the gas is all plastic.

They got out the cat ( I dislike them things JCB’s find cables ) had a swipe round it did not detect the live gas plastic pipe :facepalm:

No danger of sparks as the service is HSOS

Take care that brown stuff is nasty stuff

88’s Stuart
My aim is for a accurate part with a good finish

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #287 on: May 04, 2018, 03:41:07 PM »
Thanks Stuart  :) you missed the fun with the mains cable on my chainsaw last weekend  :zap:

As promised a few pics of the garden:

1, Approach to house every where wild primroses or English bluebells  :facepalm:
2 & 3, View from Conservatory... Blues bells, White bells and a few pink bells  :-\.
4, Other side of that bed with  Rodies coming out - more bluebells, white bells and pink bells  ::)
5, Site of old Apple tree... Bluebells, white bells

If you want some White bells Dave I have a small spare clump in the holding bed  ;)

The apple tree is in bloom.

and the Courgettes are busy out in the vegetable patch deciding who wants to go where.

Jo

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #288 on: May 05, 2018, 06:11:35 PM »
I think I would have heard a cheer go up in the next village when I finished shredding this afternoon if I had not been wearing my ear plugs  ::)

Having got that behind me I decided to celebrate and ordered myself a new chainsaw as I think I might have already damaged the guide bar too much  :ShakeHead: and I know  I am going to do nasty things with it splitting the last remaining little rings >:D

Jo

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #289 on: May 05, 2018, 06:32:06 PM »
You might want to think about getting a rip blade for when you are cutting bits like that along the grain, they cut far better than trying to do it with a standard crosscut blade. I have one for my large Husky.

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #290 on: May 05, 2018, 11:20:55 PM »
Don't forget 'naked gardening day' !! and who is it that always  says  "pictures please"   ;D :-\ :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsDown: :ROFL:

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
« Reply #291 on: May 06, 2018, 01:07:03 AM »
Hi Jo,
 A couple of years back w...k got in a bunch of tree feelers to remove some old pines & others that had been planted 30 years before & not looked after, anything small than 12 " went thru there shedder!! She was some toy, hardly slowed down when the logs hit the blades!!

Garden looks to be growing at a good rate!!

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #292 on: May 06, 2018, 07:49:01 AM »
You might want to think about getting a rip blade for when you are cutting bits like that along the grain, they cut far better than trying to do it with a standard crosscut blade. I have one for my large Husky.

I will be using my carbide tipped circular saw for the next phase... not for a couple of hours yet as too many townies have moved out here and they don't seem to understand that Sunday morning starts in the country at the same time as every other morning in the week  :disappointed:

Rip blade = kick back blade  :paranoia:

I have some blades that are like rip blades, they are jumpy  :paranoia:

Don't forget 'naked gardening day' !! and who is it that always  says  "pictures please"   ;D :-\ :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsDown: :ROFL:

We wouldn't want to jump the gun so we were going to let you post your pictures first Willy  ::)

Thanks Kerrin  :)

Edit: Damaged guide bar :o stops play I've ordered a new one... and that new chainsaw  :naughty: Circulair saw is a no, no on this stuff

Jo
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 10:26:05 AM by Jo »

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #293 on: May 06, 2018, 10:23:29 AM »
Hope you have a rip blade in the circular saw too, all my rip blades of this type are AKB = Anti kick back :ThumbsUp: I would not be going near round green wood with a circ saw though.

http://www.awsaws.uk/anti_kick_back_rip_saw_blades.html

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #294 on: May 06, 2018, 01:41:44 PM »
May Fayre stopped play  ::)

As is traditional the beer tent attracted the usual side of Morris dancers  :facepalm:

The May Queen arrived in true country style  :ThumbsUp: Even if getting them out of the waggon remains a bit of a challenge. And the company rounding things off with a bit of maypole dancing.... and no doubt the Morris Dancers will be back for another fling once the beer tent is dry   ;)

Jo

P.S. My neighbour Dave (who scratch built Onward) says he can get my Tee rings done and any other laser/water jetting I need :cartwheel:

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
« Reply #295 on: May 06, 2018, 02:39:35 PM »
Good Lord . The Morris Dancers look a bit outlandish ...  :headscratch:

So where's the pics. of you and the rest of the Hampshire Unisex Nude Leapfrog Display Team ???   :LittleDevil:

Too damned hot here. Over 30oC in the garage. Couldn't be bothered with lunch. Took to slurping 'Speckled Hen' and chomping Pork Scratchings ...

Dave

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #296 on: May 06, 2018, 03:04:40 PM »
So where's the pics. of you and the rest of the Hampshire Unisex Nude Leapfrog Display Team ???   :LittleDevil:

We do sports at the Summer Fete  ::) Three nude (male) cyclists got it wrong one year and turned up to the May Fayre instead  :Doh: Lots of the ladies found it necessary to go and explain this to them to make sure they came back again later in the year  :embarassed:

All I can say is I am pleased we went over to use real wheelbarrows for the wheelbarrow race these days - used to get some nasty grass burns doing it :(

Jo

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #297 on: May 06, 2018, 04:34:39 PM »
So At the allotment fondling my fruit bushes  and also a pic of my Sascatoon bush !! Oh and i hold my hands up....that isn't me ...you can tell because i don't have a six pack !!! ;D :ROFL: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline scc

• Lancashire, UK
« Reply #298 on: May 07, 2018, 10:36:59 AM »
Nothing growing that you can eat...............finally remade the shed door frame that was cut in half to extract the Burrell ::)  just using scrap offcuts.   Also wasted a bit of time making a "window frame" around an old mirror. Fixed to the garden wall it adds a bit of interest and has totally confused the dog.     Terry

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #299 on: May 07, 2018, 10:48:57 AM »
Like the mirrors  :ThumbsUp:

My neighbour has a rotten wall on his wood conservatory (green/mould etc  :( ) so I put three huge mirror wardrobe doors up on my side just behind my climbing rose to cover it up. It improved the look no end and made it look like there was doubled the number of rose blooms  ;D

Jo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal