Author Topic: Gardening  (Read 100103 times)

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
Re: Gardening
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2017, 10:05:32 PM »
Hi Jo,
 The garden is looking good! Tuff about the onions, had black aphids go thru our spring onions...... :Mad:

Now about those deer........I get R to hunt out a recipe or two for you!

Looks like you have the water sorted. Stud central seeems in full swing as well!

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2017, 03:07:39 AM »
Your garden is looking great Jo!

I was going to post a picture of my one zucchini that is about ready  to harvest, but after your pictures I think I'll wait a while. :shrug:

Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2017, 11:32:40 AM »
Your garden is looking great Jo!

I was going to post a picture of my one zucchini that is about ready  to harvest, but after your pictures I think I'll wait a while. :shrug:

Jim

Thanks Jim,

Be care what you do with that zucchini, you know what gardeners say:- "Is that a Zucchini in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me"  :naughty:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2017, 02:38:46 PM »
Onions ready.....raised beds....saskatoons....Norwich Gothic.....!!!  and Fathers day at Forncett st Mary..........

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2017, 05:42:38 PM »
Onions are looking good, much more advanced than mine ...

Can I ask what they are? Seed or sets. I have some Robinsons from seed but mine were only planted out at the mid May IIRC.

Been too dry here. The red barons ( seed ) ain't doing too well at all ...  :'(

Taters, ( Rooster ) are thriving and no sign of blight  .... err ... yet ....  :thinking:

Had to look up Saskatoons. New one on me ..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/borisjohnson/3613753/We-banned-a-berry-and-it-took-Brussels-to-stop-us-being-so-silly.html

Dave

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2017, 07:32:02 PM »
I didn't know that one of the tower bridge engines had been moved, nice to see it is being so well cared for in Forncett. I saw the remaining engines at the bridge about 20 years ago, very impressive machine!

And I like the pose for the Norwich Gothic! Just like the painting...

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2017, 11:29:32 PM »
Hi Willy,
 The garden is looking good! Love the fork! Looks like it has done some serious work!

Would love to go to Forncett! Saw the engines at Tower Bridge when we were over in 2013, would be really neat to see one working. Maybe next time we come over

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2017, 02:30:39 PM »
Having had Dave (Bluechip) down to visit again this morning :cheers: he mentioned that you might like to see my Yucca which is just coming into bloom.

Jo

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2017, 04:45:31 PM »
Onions are looking good, much more advanced than mine ...

Can I ask what they are? Seed or sets. I have some Robinsons from seed but mine were only planted out at the mid May IIRC.

Been too dry here. The red barons ( seed ) ain't doing too well at all ...  :'(

Taters, ( Rooster ) are thriving and no sign of blight  .... err ... yet ....  :thinking:

Had to look up Saskatoons. New one on me ........................
This year the saskatoons have really taken off........cuttings available by post........but don't know exactly what,when ,how, why ,who....my 5 friends !!Interesting stuff about these berries   ... temperature today in the green house 119 Degrees imperial !!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/borisjohnson/3613753/We-banned-a-berry-and-it-took-Brussels-to-stop-us-being-so-silly.html

Dave

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2017, 03:03:11 PM »
Second batch of Beetroot picked and heading for the pressure cooker  :whoohoo: They never seem to last as long as dinner time to go on the plate :ShakeHead:

Jo
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 03:07:23 PM by Jo »

Offline Bluechip

• Derbyshire
« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2017, 04:54:24 PM »
Second batch of Beetroot picked and heading for the pressure cooker  :whoohoo: They never seem to last as long as dinner time to go on the plate :ShakeHead:

Jo

May the Force be with you .... rather you than me  :ShakeHead:

Water butts topped up now ?

Nice bit of rain overnight and today  :ThumbsUp:

Have the flower spikes on your Yucca all gone now or were the ones at the back just coming on ?

Dave

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2017, 05:05:54 PM »
I learnt today that beetroot can be considered to be a necessity for what is in front of me  ::) I think one of the batch made it to dinner  :naughty:

The two garage butts are, the two greenhouse ones are nearly there all good news because one doesn't want to pay to use the hose pipe on the veg patch :hellno: I have arranged for someone to water the Toms while I am skiving off next week :ThumbsUp: Not sure if I trust her to remember  :-\ I can remember her poor horse having to wait until midnight to be fed...

The Yuccies are still going and I noticed another further down the garden is also in bloom.

It has rained so I still need to go courgette picking..  :)

Jo

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2017, 10:33:41 PM »
Darned home grown tomatoes aren't coming in until after the Fourth of July here and the "hot house" ones we're forced to serve are narsty.

Cletus

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2017, 09:35:58 PM »
My first Tomatoes,Saskatoons  and quite big onions.........if anyone in Blighty wants some Saskatoon cutting then they are free gratis !!

Online sco

« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2017, 09:55:55 PM »
Saskatoons - had to Google what those are,  been looking for some fruit trees to plant in the front garden and they sound just the ticket so thanks Willy!

Simon.
Ars longa, vita brevis.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal