Author Topic: Gardening  (Read 100517 times)

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: Gardening
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2017, 09:42:40 AM »
Here is a classic case of global warming for you.... Every year this Maple tree (on the right) is the first to drop all its leaves. Thankfully by the end of September it has dropped all of them and the mower has disposed of them. This year and we are past bonfire night when we normally do the last burn of the leaves etc and it still has a good half of its leaves still up there  :noidea:

And the weeds are still growing  :rant: all those beds that I have cleared need re-clearing  :wallbang:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Stuart

• Tilchestune UK
« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2017, 10:15:27 AM »
Yes its getting warmer

we still have hedgehogs about ( don't see them but they still leave their droppings around the rock garden ).

yet our trees have dropped there leaves in double quick time must have been the wind  :stir:
My aim is for a accurate part with a good finish

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2017, 10:25:32 AM »
yet our trees have dropped there leaves in double quick time must have been the wind  :stir:

As long as the wind dumps them else where  :ThumbsUp:

You can probably see that monster Oak tree in my neighbours front garden (15ft from their house  :o ) Come boxing day it finally remembers to drop its leaves and my kitchen garden can be 6" deep with them in places :Doh: I normally try to catch them and dump them in the compost heap. I tried digging them into the veg patch but the  :censored: things keep rising to the surface :ShakeHead:

Best on the compost heap and try not to throw hot embers from the house fire on them  ::)

Jo

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2017, 06:54:26 PM »
Here in good old Springbucket Tennessee we’ve had a really strange weather year. The summer wasn’t as hot as normal and was much wetter than usual. The fall started out with below normal temps and then thing started warming up. Lou and I attended the local Titans NFL game Sunday and it was over 80 degrees F. According to my customer base, everyone’s garden this year yielded below normal yields. The poor tomato crop was pitiful  :smokin2:. Thanks to the hurricanes, I just spoke with a friend of mine in Florida and he couldn’t find  locally grown oranges to incorporate into his menu . This old world is a changing and why should we not expect it to: remember the ice age  :lolb:.

Cletus

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2017, 07:01:12 PM »
It's the heat from all those foundries trying to keep up with Jo's never ending demand for castings :LittleDevil:

« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2017, 07:27:15 PM »
Maybe Jo should try some of this:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrL_8D5jpDk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrL_8D5jpDk</a>

Cletus

Offline Mike Bondarczuk

« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2017, 07:32:39 PM »
I think Jo will be much better off with the older cure of either Mackeson or Guinness, and certainly more fun than Geritol.
"Everything I can't find is in a totally secure place"

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #217 on: November 08, 2017, 07:38:26 PM »
Given the amount of cast iron dust Jo has no doubt breathed in while turning her castings into swarf I would have thought that she has plenty of iron in her blood and it is probably rust coloured :mischief:

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #218 on: November 08, 2017, 08:32:39 PM »
I think I would prefer Mike suggestion of Mackie  :LickLips: rather than the 200mg of Ferrous Sulphate that is currently in my set of "shake rattle and roll" tablets every day  :facepalm:

My favourite are the Opioid tablets  :slap: but I have to avoid the  :wine1: :DrinkPint: if I need one of those  :-\

Jo

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #219 on: November 08, 2017, 09:00:28 PM »
Good gosh Cletus....that is one OLD commercial but maybe the stuff works....she is in her 90's now I think and still looks 20 years younger.

Bill

Offline Laurentic

• Nr Yeovil, Somerset, England
« Reply #220 on: November 08, 2017, 09:19:06 PM »
I'd go with Guinness rather than Geritol anyday of the week, but the dose would be in pints not tablespoons! 

Chris

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #221 on: November 08, 2017, 10:25:33 PM »
Good gosh Cletus....that is one OLD commercial but maybe the stuff works....she is in her 90's now I think and still looks 20 years younger.

Bill

Hey Bill..............instead of G & T's (gin and tonic)..................maybe we should start drinking G & G's (gin and geritol)!   :DrinkPint:

Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #222 on: November 08, 2017, 10:29:59 PM »
I'll let you give it a try Jim. You can tell me how it tastes  :lolb:

Bill

« Reply #223 on: November 08, 2017, 11:33:48 PM »
I couldn’t help myself. I thought it was a great way for Jo to satisfy her need for “iron” . Watch those opiods girl. They are the next best thing to sex and that’s the reason we have a terrible addiction problem here in the states. I’ve know a few good, successful business people, that after for whatever reason, opiods were prescribed and they damn near lost the “farm” . As an employer of the “working force “, opiods are the greatest downfall of our workforce in the States at the present. However, I can’t say that a Percocet or two is any worse than a bottle of wine. I guess one just has to have their convictions and be careful.

Cletus

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #224 on: November 09, 2017, 07:09:52 AM »
Watch those opiods girl. They are the next best thing to sex and that’s the reason we have a terrible addiction problem here in the states.

Thanks Big E,

I am being careful with them I have only taken one dose so far and I was floating on the clouds. Not sure about the sex bit, I can think of better things to do and of course it is Thursday which means it is casting fondling night  :cartwheel:

:pinkelephant: (for both of us  ::) )

Jo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal