General Category > Chatterbox

Gardening

(1/146) > >>

Flyboy Jim:
There seems to be an interest in gardening showing up in one of the build threads. I did a search for a gardening thread, but didn't find one. I did see lots of mention about gardening in lots of other threads, so thought it might be fun to have a thread just for gardening, Kind of like the one we have for food.  :LickLips:

So I'll get it started. Here's my garden.............. as it looks today. Not much to see  :shrug: ............so you'll have to use your imagination!  ;)

However there is life starting to show up around here.

So lets see those gardens!

Jim

Jo:
Gardening is fun  :cartwheel:  At this time of the year the snow drops have gone over and the lawn is being taken over by the Daffs.

I might have mentioned the veggie patch on another thread  ;) I feed four families from this little patch.

Then there is the formal kitchen garden, with the seat under the wisteria for those hot summer days when you need somewhere to sit and eat a choc ice  :naughty:

More flower beds.. and the bonk: Thankfully there are no Toad balls to be seen at the moment :embarassed: I have had a few days of them whimpering of late, so they are in season

Jo

Flyboy Jim:
Thanks for posting Jo. You have a nice yard. I'll post some more pics, myself, as this thread and Spring moves along.

It is amazing how much a small plot of garden can produce. We have lots of extra ourselves. The sidewalk, that winds through the Airpark here, goes right by the side of our house and hanger. When we have extra produce, which is often, I just leave it on a little stand by the hanger, next to the sidewalk, and it disappears in short order.  :LickLips:

Jim

zeeprogrammer:
Nice idea Jim. Thanks.

I've been to the U.K. many times and have always admired their gardens and plots.
Lots of brick and tile too which I enjoy.

I have nothing to show. For one thing...it's not my garden.
I'll be happy to show T's once we have something going.

Right now we have nothing but mud in a lot of areas.
The fence along one side is against part of the garden and is going to be replaced.

This year we're (I mean, she) is going to raised beds. The beds have arrived but still boxed.

BTW...one of the things I made for her a few years ago...

I took electrical conduit and made frames out of them.
Then strung string across about 6" apart.
She has/had a couple of beds that are about waist high and on legs.
Stuck the frames in there and she grows beans.
Lovely beans.

Keeps the critters away.

I'll try to remember to get a shot.

Oh..another idea. You can get flexible tubing at the DIY store. About 1/2" OD.
The boxes she has/had are about 2 1/2 feet across. Bent the tubing over it (like a conestoga wagon) and she can put plastic or netting over.

Uh oh. This is model engine making isn't it?

steamer:
 :lolb: :lolb: :lolb: :lolb:

We're about to get a storm that they are now predicting will be in FEET of snow....

Enjoy the flowers Jo....My wife is jealous that she can't garden just yet....

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version