Author Topic: Manly mower  (Read 8207 times)

Offline AussieJimG

• Rest In Peace
  • Bywong, NSW, Australia
Re: Manly mower
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 10:14:19 AM »
Yes, but not while they are eating :Jester:

Jim

Offline tel

• Bathurst District, NSW, Oz.
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 10:54:15 AM »
Well, the aquatic (Macropus bunyipii) ones can.
The older I get, the better I was.
Lacerta es reptiles quisnam mos non exsisto accuso nusquam

Arbalest

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 02:22:21 PM »
I've got one of these, keeps me amused for a while every couple of weeks in summer! ;D

http://www.worldofmowers.ltd.uk/Hayter_Heritage_1330_Garden_Tractor(5118).aspx

chuck foster

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 02:24:52 PM »
when i was a small lad i had to cut the grass at home and we had a very old and stubborn gas mower. most of the time i could not start it so my dad would have to. seeing this problem my mom went out and bought an electric mower and thought that would solve all the problems  :ROFL:
well the first time i used it i cut the extention cord and got electrocuted   :zap:  and when mom seen that she went out and bought a brand new gas powered mower.

the gas powered one was real nice, it started first pull and ran all day......................god i hated that mower  :LittleDevil:

were i live now it takes about 15 minutes to cut the grass and i was given a 6.5 hp mower by my next door neighbour. it cuts grass like crazy and it will through stones like mad................but that's another story .

chuck

Offline AussieJimG

• Rest In Peace
  • Bywong, NSW, Australia
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 03:12:26 AM »
Electric mowers are great. I bought one for my wife when she said that she would mow the lawn but could not start the mower.

And it wasn't even her birthday!!! :toilet_claw:

Jim

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 09:32:44 AM »
I used to have a 10HP rotary petrol jobby with power drive but clearly it was designed for someone who liked walking faster than me, so cutting the lawn was a bit of a drag  :Jester:. In the meantime I am going to stick to my lawn tractor ;D.

What would be nice would be a lithum battery powered lawn tractor mower, but I am sure that the price of the replacement batteries would exceed the cost of the petrol over the same time  :Doh:

Hey AussieJimG is your lawnmower gang any good against Moles? Nasty little  :censored: they have been breeding like rabbits again :hellno:.

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline AussieJimG

• Rest In Peace
  • Bywong, NSW, Australia
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 12:25:07 PM »
Dunno Jo, we don't have moles, but they just ignore the rabbits and hares.

Perhaps you could train some to stamp on the molehills with their big feet. With a bit of music it would be rather entertaining.

Jim

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 12:30:15 PM »
I can assure you Jo.....the gas mower works very effectively on rabbits.......though it was not my intention to  KNOWINGLY perform this experiment...( no hate mail please ....I was horrified when it happened and spent better part of an hour cleaning it up before my daughter saw the carnage...My wife laughed at me until she realized I was using her rake to clean it up... :ROFL:)

3 for 6!    I don't know where the other 3 ran off too..... but I suspect they have a healthy respect for gas mowers! ::)

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline rhitee93

• West Central Indiana, USA
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 10:50:03 PM »
I had the opposite experience Dave.  I darn near killed myself jumping off a moving mower to catch a baby bunny that was running for its life.  It was a cute little rascal, and the kids and I played with it for about an hour before we let it go.  It was quite happy to be held after a few minutes.

It was probably one of the biters that ate my green beans down to the ground this year  :cussing:
-Brian

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal