Author Topic: My daughter is going to make some guy very happy some day...  (Read 2002 times)

Offline rhitee93

• West Central Indiana, USA
My daughter is going to make some guy very happy some day...
« on: September 14, 2012, 09:40:28 PM »
One of my daughters has been working on her own steam engine.  We try to spend a couple of hours every Saturday working on it.  I have planned to log the progress but have fallen behind in the process.

However I had to share this story.  During our last build day, she finished up the bearing blocks.  Since I want this build to be fast enough that she gets to enjoy some success, I suggested that we bead blast the parts to get a nice finish.  I took her to work and let her use the blast cabinet.  At one point she looked up and said, "We have GOT to get one of these at home!"

I almost fell over.

I don't like to post pics of my kids on the interweb, but I'll make an exception for this one.  It is a crummy cell-phone photo anyway.  (Yes, we have talked about hair safety around machines!)

-Brian

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
Re: My daughter is going to make some guy very happy some day...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 11:52:24 PM »
Your right Brian, she will!

Thanks for posting that!

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
Re: My daughter is going to make some guy very happy some day...
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 11:59:31 PM »
Brian just seeing her working is a lot. I am sure she is a beautiful girl but  all we need to see is her hard at work . Enjoy it bud they grow up quick. I also have daughters and they have given me grandsons. I have been trying to get them interested. But the video games are winning.

Don

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal