Author Topic: Expo update 2017  (Read 7866 times)

Offline PTsideshow

Expo update 2017
« on: March 04, 2017, 12:43:11 PM »

Now for the bad news for those coming from Detroit and points north  on South bound I-75. You can pick which you think will be best for you. As the detours ends at the exit for one road to Wyandotte
http://www.75rougeriver.com/detours.html

Offline stevehuckss396

• Sterling Heights, MI USA
    • Steve's Miniature Sparkplugs
Re: Expo update 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 11:31:38 PM »
Looking forward to it again this year. Already scrambling to see what I can get finished before the big weekend.
Do not be like the cat who wanted a fish but was afraid to get his paws wet.

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 12:57:10 AM »
I'm in. Any chance someone from NAMES could reserve a space for MEM? We had about 8 members at the tables last year.
Best,
Stan

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 01:28:22 AM »
Hi,
I'm in as well, I expect to be there sometime early Friday afternoon. I'd love to say that I'm scrambling to get things done but I am still waiting for Tormach to deliver my new VFD. At this rate I could have walked to Milwaukee and got it already. If it is not waiting at my door when I get home from work Monday they are gonna get a call from an extremely disgruntled customer. I do expect to have Val running by then though but I may have a temporary base.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline PTsideshow

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 10:36:31 AM »
I'm in. Any chance someone from NAMES could reserve a space for MEM? We had about 8 members at the tables last year.
Stan send an email to Mike Danko show chairman,@ the gmail addy on the bottom of the flyer. Or call @ the number on the flyer. :cartwheel:

Offline PTsideshow

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 09:57:05 PM »
South bond I 75 is closed and more bad news the North bound side up and over the Rouge River bride is down to one lane. what a pain in the seat cushion. With all the people trying to cut in the working lane as far up as they can. Took I 94 to M-39 south then M-39 to M-85 turn right south to Northline road left to  either 4th st and turn right till you get to the Yack which is on 3rd and Oak st.

Offline stevehuckss396

• Sterling Heights, MI USA
    • Steve's Miniature Sparkplugs
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 01:44:00 AM »
When I was working at BASF while 75 was closed for the gateway project we used 75 to Clark Street. Take Clark to Jefferson and run that all the way down to Maple or Sycamore. It's a good way to go if you are coming from the north like me. Little to no traffic on Jefferson.
Do not be like the cat who wanted a fish but was afraid to get his paws wet.

Offline PTsideshow

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 12:49:57 PM »
 :pinkelephant: :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: :pinkelephant:

Offline RonGinger

• Boothbay Maine USA
    • Pleasant Cove Models
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 02:41:01 PM »
Coming from Maine I have two choices- I can cross through Canada, enter Detroit at the bridge or tunnel and come south. Or I can go south around Lake Erie through Cleveland. That route is longer, about 70 miles, but all freeway so only about an hour longer. Since you have to go through customs into Canada, then back in to the US you can easily eat up the extra hour. With this traffic problem this year it will be an easy choice.

I made my hotel reservation a few weeks ago, I'm all set to be there. Staying on this year to run a class at Tech Shop for building a CNC lathe- anyone want a CNC lathe? There is still room in the class.

Offline PTsideshow

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 11:34:07 PM »
How many tables do you think you will want, Let me know and I will pass it on as the guy that handles it is currently dealing wife family health issues
Glen

Offline tvoght

• Indiana
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 12:05:44 AM »
How many tables do you think you will want, Let me know and I will pass it on as the guy that handles it is currently dealing wife family health issues
Glen

I suppose it would help to know who intends to setup with the MEM crowd and how much space they'd need. I'll be there and need no more than half a table.

--Tim

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 01:32:10 AM »
ditto with what Tim said.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 03:11:01 AM »
1 table for me.
Best,
Stan

Offline PTsideshow

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 12:22:11 PM »
Do you think 4 tables will do it, As they have a 4 table maximum since last years problems with groups reserving a bunch of tables and then only using 2. I can wait till end of the week if you want?

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 01:21:49 PM »
Not sure if Gary (gldavison) and/or KVOM are coming. They've been the last few years. If you can wait, that would be great.
Thanks much for doing this.
Best,
Stan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal