Author Topic: Food....again  (Read 23056 times)

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
Re: Food....again
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2017, 03:28:01 PM »
Now this is great food...  Fresh Haddock, right off the boat in Maine, right outside the restaraunt that is nothing but a kitchen with a window next to the fish market overhanging the water... Yum!

Definitely yum!  :LickLips:

Sounds similar to a place we have out here up in Astoria, OR: http://www.bowpicker.com

Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2017, 12:35:26 AM »
Just thought I'd bring this one round again. Tonight was a nice plate of steamed mussels and buttered garlic noodles

Cletus
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 12:39:41 AM by Tennessee Whiskey »

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2017, 03:55:03 AM »
Cletus,
That looks pretty good although growing up in the north woods there wasn't much sea food when I grew up. As I recall we had oyster soup at Christmas due to my grandfathers Maine heritage. Fish fries came later when I was paying for my own food. :ROFL: If I remember to document it maybe I can one up you this weekend. :noidea:
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2017, 05:00:56 PM »
Did you harvest those out of the "cement pond" there Cletus??  Uncle Jed would be proud  :lolb:

Bill

« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2017, 08:50:42 PM »
Professor, these were fresh water clams, my cement pond is saltwater  :facepalm:  I think we are having a mess of frog legs and all the fix'ns on that big green table tonight. Uncle Jed got all them balls outta the holes you put the bones in and sharpened up them long sticks, what for filling your plate with and I'm helping Granny and Ellie Mae cook: film at eleven  8)

Cletus

Offline Walsheng

• Norfolk, MA
    • Walsh Engineering
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2017, 12:41:35 AM »
They look like the saltwater muscles we used to get on old Cape Cod.  There was a cove in Eastham where we would scoop them up at low tide and fill a large cooler in a half hour.  Spend the afternoon drinking beer and pulling the beards off those suckers and then figure out how any different ways to cook them.  After an afternoon of beer drinking we got pretty darned creative, best I can remember!

John

« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2017, 07:17:03 PM »
John, they were saltwater mussels, just picking on cuzin Bill. I get these and some clams in a boiling bag from Sysco. Now granted, they aren't fresh, but still pretty darn good. When I had a real job it was always at a papermill that was along some coast, east, west,northern, or southern  in the good old land of the free and home of the brave , and good seafood was a staple. Shoot, I had grilled fresh caught shrimp and oysters in Bayou la Battery Alabama, way before Forrest Gump  :lolb: :lolb:

Cletus

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2017, 03:40:58 PM »
Ok, sorry to say that at yesterday dinner I was slacking. Forgot the picture for the Kens burgundy peppercorn marinated sirloin steak hot off the grill. But here's it's second life as steak & eggs. Scrambled with sauteed onions and mushrooms, cherries & strawberries. Yum!

Just thinking of you all.
Art
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 04:01:46 AM by Art K »
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2017, 11:40:19 PM »
Oh yum Art! I could certainly dig into that.

Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2017, 12:54:18 AM »
Well there is nothing better then some good old fashion boiled crawfish. :pinkelephant: I have to tell you I pigged out and some good company with my lady friend. Mmmmmm Mmmmm can't get enough guys!... :Love:

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2017, 02:06:38 AM »
We have had the tradition of driving 5 hours north to spend the Memorial day weekend with my Uncle. With this comes me stopping at Kens and getting burgundy peppercorn sirloin steaks for Saturday and baby back ribs for Sunday. You saw the sirloin installation so here's the ribs.

Hot on the grill, or the barbie depending on your location.
My Uncle and wife thought I'd lost my mind but here's Sunday diner in all it's glory.

Those of you from southern Wisconsin may recognize Grays excellent oatmeal stout. A great compliment to the meal.
Art

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2017, 02:59:05 AM »
Nice build Art!  :LickLips:

Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2017, 11:43:51 AM »
My daughter gave me this today.......very nice it is too!

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

Online Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2017, 03:07:58 PM »
Nice cake  :LickLips:

60 ...?... is it your birthday ? ..... if so, congratulations  :)

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2017, 08:16:09 PM »
Like Per says, Many Happy Returns ( I think)  :)  :wine1:
Best regards

Roger

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal