Author Topic: Four cylinder scale engine  (Read 27305 times)

Offline Brendon M

• Melbourne, Australia
Re: Four cylinder scale engine
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2018, 10:31:43 AM »
Fantastic work!

Is it correct that you made this engine in just under a year (judging by the start of this thread)? If so, you make great progress :)
(This signature intentionally left blank)

Offline ThomasM

• My modelengines
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2018, 11:39:54 PM »
Thomas, you may wish to put the video and a few finished pictures in the "Showcase" section as well with a link back to the build thread. Thanks for taking us along on the build of this little beauty.

Bill

Bill, i will do this but i want to make a nice new video first. I have made a few improvements on the radiator fan and other things.

Best regards,
Thomas

Offline ThomasM

• My modelengines
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2018, 11:43:39 PM »
Fantastic work!

Is it correct that you made this engine in just under a year (judging by the start of this thread)? If so, you make great progress :)

Brendon, i started planning the engine with the first sketches approximately two months before my first post.

Best regards,
Thomas

Offline ThomasM

• My modelengines
Carburettor drawing
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2018, 11:58:27 PM »
Hello everyone,

As i already said the trial carburettor i have made to test the engine works so nicely that i will keep it. The slot i have milled in the venturi barrel improves the suction of fuel so well that it was possible to mount the fuel tank 18 cm below the carb without problems.

I also think there is a huge improvement in atomization ( maybe because of heavy turbulence ) especially at low rpm / idle .
I tried another venturi without the described slot and it was not possible to adjust the needle to a position suitable for high speed and low speed.

This moved me to draw the carburettor as a drawing for sharing it. Maybe some of you guys has some time to build one and test it on a petrol engine of the size 35 - 60 ccm if you can deal with the metric measurements ?

The picture is only low resolution, i will try to post a high resolution drawing in a Zip - file also.

Best regards,
Thomas

Offline Tonyr

« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2018, 08:45:20 PM »
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for posting the carburettor drawing.
I will try it on my Austin engine when it comes time to run it.
It looks similar size to your engine.
I may change the out side shape so it looks more original, but keep the barrel and Jets the same.
Regards

Tony.

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2018, 11:43:57 PM »
Excellent. An absolute showpiece.  :ThumbsUp:
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal